Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template question

Hi all,

Okay, this is an elementary question, but I'm a first-timer, so I have to ask.

I'm using a stock VH template to which I've added my site content. So far, so good, and my site looks GREAT (if I do say so myself!). I have a top-level set of navigation buttons going down the left side of each page, and some pages have their own set of sub-menu buttons going across the top. I have NOT saved my 'skeleton' page as a template, which means that anytime anything changes in the top-level buttons or in the basic design of my site that affects all pages, I have to change and upload each page separately.

If I save my skeleton as a template, do I just need to make my changes to that and then all of the pages based on that template will update automatically? Do I have to reupload each one of them separately? How does this work? Also, on the pages with the sub-menus, do I create different templates?

Many thanks for any advice offered!
    Sandra
    www.randallruback.com
    www.randallruback.com

Re: Template question

Hi, the only way that I can think of is navals .php method. When using this you can have as many page elements show on every single page of the site, but only have to update 1 page for all these common elements. (like the main menu)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for steering me in the right direction, Chris. Navaldesign's method sounds like a real time-saver. I'll give it a try!

Thanks again!
      Sandra
      www.randallruback.com

Comment

I have a similar question. I used a VH template and background to create my own template. All my other pages are generated based on my own template. But if i want to make any change to my template, i don't want to repeat changes on every page which could be over 100 pages when it is fully developed. How can I do this in a simple way? I don't understand navals.php mentioned in previous post.

Jay

Comment

Working...
        X