Get 2nd site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get 2nd site

I created two websites last November and have had no need to change things untill now.
    When I try to import the HTML page a message appears saying theres an error.
    I really need to access this so I can make changes. How can I get the files and folders to do this.
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Wineprovider

Re: Get 2nd site

Don't you have the original BV pages anymore ? If you do, just open the original BV pages and edit them, then publish again.

If you don't have them anymore, go to File, new Page, From existing HTML Page, type the FULL URL of the page (it is better if you visit the page with your browser and then copy / paste the page address from the browser address bar), and, CHECK THE RADIO BUTTON "Remote (on the net)"

If you don't check it, it will give you an error message.

Also, you may get the same error message, if your firewall dissallowes BV from connecting to the net. Add BV to the list of exceptions of your firewall.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your advice which I have now implemented.However when I try to publish changes, a message appears saying the FTP login details are incorrect.
      The site is www.cttaxisbristoluk.com and these are the details
      74.52.61.194 CONTROL PANEL LOGIN URL http://74.52.61.194/cpanel MASTER USERNAME ???????? MASTER PASSWORD ????????
      Please can you help more?
      Thanks,
      Martyn

Comment

I just logged in using the details you posted. I also deleted your username and password, and, PLEASE, never post them again here, as ANYONE can take over your site.

Please click on http://74.52.61.194/cpanel to loggin with your username and password, and CHANGE your password immediately
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The details I provided you are all that I have and I`ve just tried to login and change my password but It is the same message saying the details are incorrect.

Comment

The details are correct, i just entered your cp again. You are probably mistaking something (i.e. a blank space after the username or password)
            Navaldesign

Comment

I seem to have got the details correct for my personal login (winesincornwall) but when I try to publish corrections on my sons site (cttaxisbristoluk.com) a message appears saying like "login details to the ftp server are not correct". I am using the details sent on registration. What is wrong?

Comment

Is your son's an addon domain of winesincornwall ? If yes, make sure that you are publishing in

public_html/cttaxisbristoluk because that's the addon domain folder.
                Navaldesign

Comment

I`ve tried that. Thank you....It`s not that. I`ve checked everything several times, i.e.the correct SERVER IP,USERNAME & Password the whole business has got very frustrating. Question...would these difficulties have arisen because I`ve upgraded BV?

Comment

A thought occured to me. I have called my sons page... index x2.bvp... is this anything to do with the problems?

Comment

Absolutely not. Nothing to do with it.

Since i can see the subfolder related to cttaxisbristoluk in

http://www.winesincornwall.co.uk/cttaxisbristoluk/

but NOT in http://www.cttaxisbristoluk.winesincornwall.co.uk/ where i should also be able to see it, i can only advise to submit a support ticket.

On the other hand, and it is even more strange, i can see http://www.cttaxisbristoluk.com/

So i need to understand, WHERE are the cttaxisbristoluk pages published ? Which folder has been declared as the addon folder ?

Unless, this addon is really new, so it has not had the time to propagate.

Having named the page index2 will create thogh a problem when you will actually publish it, because the site will not show. It needs to be named "index". In order NOT to mess up with your winesincornwall site "index", create a folder, inside your BV folder, named "cttaxisbristoluk" and save all the pages related to this site, in there, so you will not have any conflicts with the pages of the main site.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Ok !!! we`re there. The problem was what I called the page. I knew I had to involve "index" so I followed your instructions and managed to publish.
                        Thanks so much Navaldesign, every success to you all.
                        Wineprovider

Comment

On testing the changes have not been published allthough a message says it has.

Comment

Hold down your Ctrl button and hit the refresh button a few times. That should clear your computer web cache and allow you to see the changes.
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi
                            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Working...
                            X