PDA

View Full Version : Sort data for eNewsletters

ricster
04-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi All,
I need to setup our site so I can choose newsletter recepients based on certain criteria. For example, instead of pulling ALL of the users in the database for a newsletter, I just want to send newsletter to folks in California, or born after 1972, or whatever.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks so much,
- Ricster

Karen Mac
04-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Well then youd set up two different recipient groups for news letters.

Karen

Watdaflip
04-23-2007, 04:54 AM
What script are you currently using for the newletter?

Karen Mac
04-23-2007, 06:23 AM
I think hes using the one in soholaunch.

Karen

ricster
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi,
I'm using the script that came with Soho. Also, this is a membership website so all of the newsletter recepient info is kept in one table. Members will be able to login and search on other member's profiles and of course, update their own. This is the table that holds all user's email addresses, phone, mailing addresses, birthdates, etc.

Are there other/better form builders or scripts to use for something like this?

Karen Mac
04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Ric

There probably are MORE or different software to achieve this but they wont work within soho.

What you can do is copy your database to excel, then sort by birthdate, copy and paste those email addies to a GROUP in outlook, and then generate your newsletter there.

Karen

ricster
04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, I'm building this site (plus others if this works) for clients so it has to be a repeatable process within the web app. I'll probably end up hiring a coder for this. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help.

Ricster