Sub-folders in CPanel and Hyperlinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-folders in CPanel and Hyperlinking

I like the idea by Aconstas1 to create sub-folders in the Contral Panel (which I read in one of the threads). That brings me to another problem. How do you hyperlink between the pages being in different folders. Must the folders be included in the hyperlinks and how?

Can someone please give me some advice?
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Sub-folders in CPanel and Hyperlinking

yes, you need to include them as " http://www.yoursite.com/fildername/pagename.html "
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Naveldesign. One more question please. How many sub-sub folders is safe to use for BV? In other words, how many levels of sub folders can be created. is something like this okay to use? "www.mysite.co.za/prop_details/suburbname/ref101/etc....
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

I use two or three levels, however you can use as many as you like. It only becomes difficult for you when you use many levels and it becomes very easy to make mistakes
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Is there a way to browse to the folders in Control Panel when hyperlinking, or must you type the entire path manually?
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

No, because you need to enter username and password.
            Navaldesign

Comment

You can always copy and paste as much of nearly duplicate links as possible to avoid typing the entire address in manually

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Just want to add that i have read that it is a good idea to use keywords in your subfolder names for search engine purposes. Looks like you're getting the hang of it though. Well done!
                Best Regards,
                Alex
                Surveillance Systems
                Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Thank you everyone. Much appreciated. My site will probably go live next week. Thanks again.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X