Logo maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo maker

Ive got a problem with the logo maker. For some strange reason the left facing bracket will not appear in the logo when its placed. ive included an image to further your understanding of the problem. Thanx! ^_^

edit: ive now noticed it does the same thing with the alternate left facing bracket: " } "
    ive even checked if its just the location but even if you start the text with it, it wont appear.

Re: New Logo maker problem

Strange! I haven’t even got that font on my logo maker.
    It may not be the reason, but some fonts are not supported. But this usually shows up on the preview (bottom of properties box) as blank text to indicate that it won’t work. Is yours showing in the preview area?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

no its not showing in the preview either. The text is called "Tribal Two", ive also tried using "Tribal" and it does the same thing. Ugh i think their might be something wrong with maybe support of the text cause i tried using the brackets in other texts and so far the bracket has worked in all the others. But it shows all other letter/numbers except that one left-face bracket. You can DL the font here. Its about half the way down labeled "Tribal Two".

Comment

I believe the fonts that show up in your choice menu for the logo maker are the same fonts that are installed on your computer. So this depends on yourself, not the logo maker.

I am also under the belief that the font style used in the text of the logo creator is no different than applying text on your page, if the viewer has the font, you'll see it, if they don't it will revert to their own computers default font ....

And some symbols on the keyboard just do not show up in some fonts ... best to use "web friendly" fonts ... you'll know what you are getting ...

Any difference to this, I'd like to know ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm wondering if there may be some fundamental problem within the logo maker itself.

I've had problems as well utilizing this new element feature. The simple logo I used would not appear on the pages after being uploaded... unless I refreshed the particular page 2-3 times. Then presto! Strange. Some of those who looked saw the logo, others did not. I'm running IE.

Then again it may be, as suggested, an unsupported font situation. Test it by changing the font to say, Arial, which is universally supported, and upload a single page to see if the problem continues.

It would be nice to hear from some other users, or from someone at BV. My problem with the logo could not be fixed here or from the help desk, so I have eliminated that element and replaced it with text only.

Poppi

Comment

Not sure if this will help or not ....

I've used it on one site .. '800 x 160'

Just text and gradients

I have successfully saved it once as a png, which I believe it is supposed to be ... and the entire (header/logo) came down to my computer and I could view as an image ...

Any other times I have tried, it is saved as a 1 x 1 trans .gif file ... and no preview from my computer ...

So perhaps there is a problem ...

????????????

Hi poppi I remember you, you altered the script to return to your site from the jalbum ... didn't you ... lol Nice to see you!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Logo maker

Hi Lady!

Indeed, you have me pegged! Hope all is well and prosperous in the Great White North.

Viola, you can also use shapes, images, and some of the other element features to patch together a pretty fair logo banner. I am leaning toward the new logo creater having a glitch... then again, perhaps I'm just not using it correctly. Be nice to hear from someone at BV closer to the design / code area.

Be well all!

Poppi

Comment

Re: Logo maker

Yea that would be good lol. Um but yea i had them done differently before as a pasted transparent image, but when the logo maker came out i was like AWESOME!!! cause it had some pretty good features that allowed me to give it a look perfect for the background!. But if i cant get it done with the logo maker i think ill just make an image of it and paste it in the needed pages.........hmmm....maybe i can copy and save the logo image itself then open it in my paintshop try to get the colors perfect and just input that bracket using the text feature from the paintshop then save it and insert the logo as an image...but looking exactly the way i need it to. Although some help from a BV team member would be nice ;) lol Thanx for your guys' help so far though ^_^ Ill try my idea now and see if i can get it right, then ill post a screenie of it and you can tell me what ya think. Peace for now

Comment

Working...
                X