Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free PDF form maker

Hi Y'all,

Here's what I have a mind. A pdf form that one can fill out and submit. Most of the pdf forms I am familiar with, you can fill them out, but you have to print and mail them. What I want is to have the form both fillable and submittable. Is that possible?

Re: Free PDF form maker

Hi, any special reason that it has to be in PDF? I was just wondering if you could use a normal form on a web page that could be configured in a few ways.
    1. Fill out & email this form, plus print (Sure this could be added to the same button)
    2. Fill out & email this form only
    3. Fill out & print this form only (Which is the same as print page)
    4. Fill out & email to you & also send to the person filling out the form.
    5. As 4 with a print option
    as well.

But you may have another reason for needing PDF?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I am aware of the options you mentioned. I was just wondering if this option was available in pdf. Say I have a contract and I have some fields for signing. After signing, I want the person to click on submit to send it to my e-mail...basically I'm trying to not have too many papers to deal with.

I know I can do with with an html form, but I was just wondering if this was possible in pdf.

Comment

No. A PDF format form is simply a "dead" form, which can only be viewed / printed. And, i cannot understand how they would "sign".
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You could just store all the submitted information in a database, and have the data displayed in professional manner like it would be on a form that is printed and the hard copy is filled out.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip
            You could just store all the submitted information in a database, and have the data displayed in professional manner like it would be on a form that is printed and the hard copy is filled out.
            But, i understand, AmaDee wants this form to be fillable and sumittable, not just for presentation and printing purposes.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Right, Naval, I was thinking along those lines. You guys have seen those pdf files that are fillable, right? I want the file to have a signature field and a date field. After signing, I was hoping they could just submit the file electronically so that it comes to my email as opposed to them sending a hard copy.

I guess I can stop thinking about it now since it is unattainable. Like I said before, I know I can have the same effect using the normal forms, but I was just wondering if this is possible in pdf.

Comment

Working...
              X