Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Created for a friend

Greetings to all,

I created this for a friend who wanted a nice looking but simple site. Would be interested in anyone's opinion.
    http://www.cphomeimprovement.com/

Used Navals php include for the header(Logo), menu bars and Footer.

Have purposefully left out any external e-mail address as once it hits the net- it's spam city. I figured if they want to contact them, they can use the Contact Us form and from there they can e-mail back and forth. Due to amount of spam from spiders gathering e-mail addresses- I have adopted a no e-mail policy on web pages.

Anyway- thanks in advance.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: Created for a friend

I just glanced and it looks good. I disagree with your decision to leave off the email - as there are lots of us who will not fill out those forms - and they could lose potential business that way. But that's me - I don't decide to lose business over having to delete spam.

And if they have an email - it's going to get the spam even if they never put it on the website.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Nice and simple, full of useful info, easy to navigate. Looks good!
      Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Looks great Andy.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hi Andy, I don’t know! After all you taught me about web pages & you go & stick a 260kb image at the top of the page. Tut,tut. LOL
          No! really, all looks fine. Simple to navigate & clean looking. Not sure if the head area could come down a bit in size. (Physically) Only thinking that you may get away with no scroll bars. On my screen (19”) it takes up about 1/3 to a ½ to the bottom of Easy payment options. Just meant some extra scoling.

Good luck.

Prezy for you down below.
          LOL

I may of put this on on to much of a diet? But you can add some text yourself & save a few more calories/kbs. lol
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks to all for taking a look.

Chris- I agree with you. But he paid over $500 bucks to have that graphic made and he wanted it as is. (Heck- I even shrunk it down from what it was)

Beth- I respectfully disagree. There is a phone number, fax number and a way for them to send a quick note with out having to jot down anything (contact form)- so I can't see that not having an e-mail address will loose someone. I could be wrong. But what is worse is that if I am deleting 100 spams from my mail box and accidently delete theirs. Additionally- the e-mail programs provided by BV (Horde or Squirrel) do not have spam filters worth a darn. As you say- if they have an e-mail address-it will eventually be spammed. Yahoo, G-mail, Hot mail do a much better job of weeding out spam. Honsestly- My biggest spam problem has come from putting out my BV attached e-mails rather than my g-mail.

Perhaps a middle ground would be to simply incorporate it into a .gif

May I inquire why filling out a contact for (a simple and short one) does not appeal to you and others?

Great to hear from everyone.

Cheers-
            Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Nice job Andy ... I just seemed to fly right through it ...

Couple of things - maybe make some different page titles ... they are all the same ...

And I'd love to see a red nav bar, the gradient red, the color of the roof, would just splash it up a little more ... and maybe a couple of images here and there

Great super job, of course what would we expect eh!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Andy,

Wonderful and Simple but effective. I do like the red roof gif...lol.

Jsut one thing for me and that was that the two seperator lines at the top where the phone number etc is seem uneven. I realize they are both not the same size but I felt they need to be proportionate with tha line of information and each other....ummm...did I jsut confuse every one...lol..sorry. Just being my obsessive self about proportions...lol.

Otherwise my friend...great job. :)
                Beezz
                sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Ladyeye-
                  Thanks and great spot on the titles. I had put that in as default when cloning and forgot to change. LOL. Working late at night has its difficulties. As to the red buttons- I will create them as you suggest and see what my friend says. He has very definite (firmly placed) notions -but we will try anyway.

Beezz-
                  Thanks for taking a look and its good to hear from ya!! I will mention tht to my friend (he is very particular) and see what he thinks.

Again- Thanks all for taking a look.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I like the site, my friend, and am one to always appreciate the product of efforts made despite the complicated nature of making things simple..... especially when working with irretractable "notions" and "other people's" visions!

Very nice.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Eric- Hope all is well with you and yours.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Nice to disagree - just to explain my reasoning - I do NOT and will NOT fill out forms - except in very specific instances. To find out info or contact a new site - I simply will not do so. Today there are bots that fill out those forms. Had someone get over 100 in about an hour to their email address - and just kept coming and coming and coming LOL - so we will continue to disagree on this one.

I suggest you let the customer decide which is worth it to them.

(And I have an email address that has never been on any website - it gets more spam than any email address I have that is listed on a website)
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Nice site, Andy.

I agree with Beezz about the lines, espcially the top on the contains the address and numbers. The are not very proportionate in that the amount of contents outside of the lines do not match.

Also, I would give the links an alternate next because it looks more professional than showing the pages' url on the mouseover.

Like I said previously, nice work. When it comes to web design, it seems simplicity is always in.

Comment

Great job Andy! The site is clean and gets the info across. I agree with the little Lady, if you had some images of some of thier jobs, might put more impact. Looks good to me though.
                            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I like it, clean, consice and to the point.

Well Done!
                              Best Regards,
                              Alex
                              Surveillance Systems
                              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
                              X