Preview Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview Assistance

I have made several pages and until recently could preview them to check the drop down menus etc Now when I click the preview button I get a dialogue box saying Affllisys -Blue Voda unexpected file format. Why is that?
    Thanks in advance,

Sarah HK

Re: Preview trouble!!!

reboot.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks but I have tried re-booting several times still to no avail. Any other treatment I can try?

Thanks for your help
      Sarah

Comment

Uninstall BV, reboot, reinstall then reboot again. This will not affect any pages you have stored.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Well, this might be a problem on your end, with your computer having lost the settings for the default browser.

Try this:

If you have the new BV9, you will see that there is an arrow beside the preview icon. Click the arrow, and select Edit Browser List. Name your browser in the first field (i,e, IE or Firefox etc) and then click on Browse. Search in your computer for the .exe file of the browser that you have just selected.

This should solve the issue.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you guys, tried everything that has been suggested but the preview still will not work. i still keep getting the same message affilisys-Blue Voda unexpected file format
            what should I do now?

Sarah

Comment

Re: Preview Assistance

Try right clicking on it, and choose "Open With" Blue Voda - it should be in your menu there and then move in and try preview and like Navel says make sure you edit your default browser lists ... also check your computer to see what your default browser is set at .. perhaps you made a change there accidentally, have a look at "Set program access and defaults" perhaps there is an error in there ...

keep us posted ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you, please clarify what I should click on to open with BV. Well I have tried and finally managed to open the preview with Mozilla Firefox but have lost the function of one of the buttons which will no longer drop down. Also all the buttons have changed colour (bizarre). I also tried to open it with IE but found that all but one of my drop down menu buttons had disappeared. There was a lot of work on the drop down menu do you know if I can get it back? Please help.

Thanks,

Sarah

Comment

Click on one of your .bvp files, that are found in your Blue Voda Folder, found in MY DOCUMENTS, right click and open. But you now appear to be opening your .bvp file, right? I don't know what may be going on, but I know I would try deleting my drop down menu from one page, and try to reinsert and republish and see if that helped. You've tried a new download right? BV9.03 under NEWS.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for yor patience, I have found that when I closed up the handles a bit on the drop down menus they would all drop down as expected but they have changed colour again from red to yellow but this is not too imoortant. Now that is in Firefox. BUT in IE I still have not managed to get my drop down menus back, first I had one then that disappeared and now I have another with a message warning about activeX.
                    I will keep trying as I intend to get it sorted but your help is very encouraging.

Thanks a lot,

Sarah

Comment

Yes I have installed and uninstalled and installed BV9.03

Sarah

Comment

Sarah,

Do you have your pages published? Do you have a url that we could look and see what we see??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Not yet, still have some more work to do. I'll get on with it first and see how it goes once publsihed.
                          I'll keep you posted,

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                          X