Can't seem to get past my own security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't seem to get past my own security

When I'm at work I can bring Vodahits.com up, no problem, but at home (how ironic!) I can't! It tells me to make sure nothing is blocking it, which I've done by putting it in my exemption list in my virus protection program. What else should I do? Any thoughts?
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Re: Can't seem to get past my own security

Try http://www.vodahost.com from home ... that might work ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lori

Are you running McaFFe Privacy Service? Thats a notorious site blocker and you will have to add it there too and disable the dang ad blocker thing.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Lady, I don't understand the advice - much as I appreciate it - because once I type in www.vodahost.com, where should I go?
        Lori
        www.lkarts.com

Comment

I was reading that you were trying to access this voda forum from home, and you were typing in www.vodahits.com (as noted above)- so I thought thats perhaps where you had the problem ...

So are you trying to reach this forum, or voda hits, this site attached?

In response to where you should go when typing in www.vodahost.com, you should come to the main order, feature & pricing page for hosting with Voda.
          Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It's Voda Hits that's the problem, actually, not Voda Host. I type in www.vodahits.com, and I type in the login and password, but it tells me that there's a problem with cookies.
            Lori
            www.lkarts.com

Comment

Go to tools in your browsers toolbar, internet options and check to see perhaps if you have that in a restricted zone, remove it, also go to advanced tab there and choose restore defaults, also add that site to your allowed list with your firewall too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I did all of that, actually, Lady, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's still not allowing me in! Any other ideas? I've put in a service request, but have heard nothing - that was much earlier today.

Have you ever had the experience of not getting a response at all (I'm asking just in case)? If so, how do I address the problem without freaking out?
                Lori
                www.lkarts.com

Comment

Ahhh...I figured out something...I had to take my security down to the Low level - not the Medium that VodaHits suggests - in order to get through.

Thanks for the assistance.
                  Lori
                  www.lkarts.com

Comment

Originally posted by lorikirstein
                    Ahhh...I figured out something...I had to take my security down to the Low level - not the Medium that VodaHits suggests - in order to get through.

Thanks for the assistance.
                    Lori, Voda Support is, as you can imagine, (with the best product worldwide and the world discovering it,) busy and are very helpful. When it comes to problems that persist with your own computer, these things are better left for you to solve with either help here, a tech.computing forum or your friendly computer guy who likes to take your leg with his prices, ha ha ... but in any event, I am glad you have solved your problem, but you can't leave it that way, you need to add this to your trusted sites, it's not very safe going around with low level security, you will be under attack in so many areas, so try and continue to work on this and correct your problem so that you remain safe.

Good Luck, you're doing great! Glad to see you making your way through things.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Lady, I say a yea and amen to the helpful folks at VodaHost being busy and wonderful, both.

D'you know, the reason I asked that about what to do if you can't get through to them, is that I had been having a situation where I couldn't log on to this forum at all. It kept me in a loop of signing in and going nowhere. And I had two times where someone in the Help group told me they'd forward my problem to Billing. So, I asked you what to do in case of non-response because if I can't get on here, and I can't get a response from the Help folks, that's a head-scratcher! Where would I go then?

I just like to be prepared with information.

Thank you for the words of encouragement, Lady. You're too kind!
                      Lori
                      www.lkarts.com

Comment

Lori ... so glad you are all sorted out, and good for you for being "one up" with foresight ... great job, you will fit well into this community!!

Now you just have to remember where you keep it all, right? lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Now you just have to remember where you keep it all, right? lol

No kidding!!!
                          Lori
                          www.lkarts.com

Comment

Working...
                          X