Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lina

hey there ,
    just a point of curiosity , how can one have images that blend , or fade into each other, what is that called , how do you do it ....?
    would love to try it out ,can look fancy ...
    thanks
    lina
    www.linasteinmillinery.com

Re: lina

you may need a fancy image editor like photoshop to get the results you desire.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Originally posted by aconstas1
      you may need a fancy image editor like photoshop to get the results you desire.
      Is is becoming rather annyoing, Alex....("If you don't know, don't post"....or at least stop guessing!)

You already have a tool included with your Windows Operating System, in the Windows Movie Maker....(if you have XP minimum).
      If a shorcut is not on your desktop, find it in your START > ALL PROGRAMS and then simply "Create Shortcut" > drag it to your desktop, and rename it without the "(2)".....

This will allow you to add animated effects to still pictures (even with captions and text) and to create media files or videos that can be installed on your website.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
        Is is becoming rather annyoing, Alex....("If you don't know, don't post"....or at least stop guessing!)
        I stand by my original post. I didn't feel like lina gave me a descriptive enough description of how exactly she wanted the images to "blend , or fade into each other". Perhaps she saw an effect on another site that cannot be achieved by your suggestion. What she has in mind may only be possible through Flash or a fancy image editor like i suggested.

I'm sorry that your life is so deficient in the things that really matter that my posts annoy you. Perhaps you need a vacation from the forum if you're getting to that point. Your threats will hardly prevent me from posting, so i suggest that you either learn to ignore my posts or contain your anger... as it is not good for you to get stressed over my simple posts and suggestions.

Eric, I'm grateful for all the help you've offered me in the past. I consider you an excellent source of knowledge to vodahost customers, and I'd like to be your friend. However, you're sort of a jerk sometimes and very unwelcoming once new customers get here and start making posts. I've only been a customer for one month, and you're already attacking me almost on a daily basis. I wonder if you've driven anyone to leave VH because of your attitude. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do Eric.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

I believe Lina would be referring to what we call "transitions" a photo slide show of some sort, which is what General Vasili is suggesting, the technique to obtain the desired results Lina is looking for ...
          Once we know more, we can offer more examples and ideas ...

However, when in doubt Alex, it's nice to answer with a few questions that may bring you that much closer to what someone is asking, as opposed to giving an answer that may or may not apply.

Yes, Alex, you have been posting for only about a month, and have even risen in “rank” quite fast, congrats, but Vasili is not the only one who has noticed that a number of the posts you make with advice or sharing of “expertise” is wrong or just might be more than just confusing to others. It's not always good to go about things with a guessing game type of approach, unless all remedies are posted and then that becomes a choice, don't you agree?

It is good to see you posting and helping your peers, but the real tradition of offering not only customers of VodaHost, but all the visitors, the means to learn solid techniques and knowledge that we have become so reputable for, is based on the foundation that truly, as Vasili has reminded you again, and is not alone in this reminder, I've seen other Generals try and ask and make you see this, “if you don’t know, don’t post”.
          Just one more thing Alex, if we keep our posts less personal in nature, greater accomplishments can be made and we all achieve the end result, and that is the success we all like to share and live by as we give so freely to everyone. Wouldn't you agree?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, could also be referring to transparencies.

Lina! Can you pop a note here, to say exactly what effect you are after?
            IE:
            1. A photo/image show with fade in & fade out.
            2. 2 images next to each other that blend together.
            3. 1 image on top of another where you can see partly through one to the other one below.
            4. ??????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X