I need help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help....

I have a friend who ask me to create her a website. How is the best why to do that? Can I create the pages on my computer and then forward them to her... or is there a better way.

Re: I need help....

Originally posted by BadGirl
    I have a friend who ask me to create her a website. How is the best why to do that? Can I create the pages on my computer and then forward them to her... or is there a better way.
    Yes....that is a very easy way to do what you want.
    Keep a couple of things in mind, though:
    1. Your friend will also need to download BV in order to open/use the pages you create;
    2. Be sure all the images you share are kept with the same titles, and within the same "Folder"....(you need to maintain the same 'path' for the images to publish properly).

If you are unsure of what this is all about, simply make notes of what image is placed where on the pages you create, and have your friend "re-import" them onto the pages when she opens it up (this means it is critical that they are pre-sized to the exact dimensions and formatting as designed). It is important for the person publishing to have the correct paths established and intact.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Set up a VodaHost account on her computer and have her download BV. Download BV on yours. Use her account info (she can change her password later) to create her website, publish and then make a back up of all her materials, folders, images, files, pages, etc. She can install the back up on her computer or storage.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
        Set up a VodaHost account on her computer and have her download BV. Download BV on yours. Use her account info (she can change her password later) to create her website, publish and then make a back up of all her materials, folders, images, files, pages, etc. She can install the back up on her computer or storage.
        I purposely avoided providing that solution based on the renewed foundational understandings at VH, Bill.......
        I'll email you with some of the recent happenings.

It is not reccommended (nor approved) to share Passwords or to "bypass" regular Security enablements VodaHost provides for all customers, as defined in Terms of Service.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
          I purposely avoided providing that solution based on the renewed foundational understandings at VH, Bill.......
          I'll email you with some of the recent happenings.

It is not reccommended (nor approved) to share Passwords or to "bypass" regular Security enablements VodaHost provides for all customers, as defined in Terms of Service.
          What's the difference between what Bill suggested and someone emailing me their log in info when they need help with their forum? If the person who needs the site built signs up for an account and provides her friend the details so she can build the site for her, I can't see that being a problem.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I have the usernames / passwords of more than 50 members. There is no other way to have the job done when it comes to script installation or problem tracing.

Of course, you need to fully trust who you are giving the login details to.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              Of course, you need to fully trust who you are giving the login details to.
              That, in a nutshell, is the difference, Gentlemen.

For many newer VodaTalk Members and Clients, the process of building a website and rapidly gaining expertise of everything internet creates both a dynamic excitement and a degree of instant "familiarity" within our tight Community, and often our casual attitudes may unfairly influence better judgement. The method I proposed was completely feasible, and provided an easy means to keep both the confidences and confidentialities intact without any difficulty whatsoever. It also allowed the other person a hands-on opportunity (the chance to meaninfuly participate) to maintain independence, rather than become something to possibly strain relations or cause other issues to come into play.

It is one thing to feel a sense of reliability or credibility within VodaTalk, but should not be expected likewise in the real world outside VT. Doing something today for "friends" and something tomorrow for "clients" is an easy step, but retracing habits and potential liabilities is quite another leap.....in my opinion, of course!

Comment

For many newer VodaTalk Members and Clients, the process of building a website and rapidly gaining expertise of everything internet creates both a dynamic excitement and a degree of instant familiarity" within our tight Community, and often our casual attitudes may unfairly influence better judgement.

It is one thing to feel a sense of reliability or credibility within VodaTalk, but should not be expected likewise in the real world outside VT. Doing something today for "friends" and something tomorrow for "clients" is an easy step, but retracing habits and potential liabilities is quite another leap.....in my opinion, of course!
                Your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it, but I have some fundamental disagreements with it.

This forum exists solely for those of us with experience to help our "newer" counterparts with getting things going. I know that I (along with Naval and a few others) have often invited people to send me their log in details so I could get a first hand look at what exactly was going on in their file structure and was able to provide them help as a result.

I really don't understand where you're coming from, unless you just have a deep seated paranoia about something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with inviting a senior member here to take a look at things. Likewise, there is nothing wrong with asking someone else to build a site for you - it's a very common practice.

Posts like the ones you've made may very well stand in the way of members getting the help they need and that would be a shame. Let's not scare people away from the original, helpful and correct structure of this forum. This forum was built on the very things you're now denouncing.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

The method I proposed was completely feasible, and provided an easy means to keep both the confidences and confidentialities intact without any difficulty whatsoever.in my opinion, of course!
                  Nothing wrong with your proposed solution Vasili, but dont think that It was the only one.....Bills solution was also a good one too.

Naval and Race have said it all, it comes down to confidence and trust.

People tend to read a lot before they get involved in a forum and can see what is happening in the way of help, and therefore can make up their own minds.

So imo your words of warning were out of place......
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                  X