Form is not passing or failing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form is not passing or failing?

I have install ABVFP and it appears everything is correct in ABVFP directory and sub-domains, but when I test uploadform.html and enter no email field I expected errorpage to display and if I enter a correct email addr. I expected a thankyoupage to also appear. The result was it just jump back to my home page. I reviewed the error_log file in my domain and it contains no errors. Before I fixed all the little problems with the setup I was getting a 404 but not I am not getting any errors and no output either - any clue? www.blackhawksite.com (pges are uploadform.html errorpage.php and thankyoupage.php).

Re: Form is not passing or failing?

Your email field is named Email. It should be "Email-e" . Furthermore, to make it mandatory, it should be "Email-Re".

However, if you read the instructions, you will see that you need to include also a hidden field, named "Formid" (exactly as you see it) and set this field's value to be the same as ABVFP will give you when you setup the form through the ABVFP control panel. Ths value will probably be 2 if this is the first form you are setting up with it. That's why it jumps to your home page. It is a security measure, so if a spammer tries to use your script to send spam, it will refuse and simply redirect to your homepage.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
      Your email field is named Email. It should be "Email-e" . Furthermore, to make it mandatory, it should be "Email-Re".

However, if you read the instructions, you will see that you need to include also a hidden field, named "Formid" (exactly as you see it) and set this field's value to be the same as ABVFP will give you when you setup the form through the ABVFP control panel. Ths value will probably be 2 if this is the first form you are setting up with it. That's why it jumps to your home page. It is a security measure, so if a spammer tries to use your script to send spam, it will refuse and simply redirect to your homepage.
      Thanks again - The form is sending e-mail and confirmation and Sql DB is updated with sendents only problem is errorpage and thankyoupage do not display on conditions. Also, even thou a the conditions above work getting a 404 error after submit is pressed. Still lost on this whole process so far! Any further suggestions?

Comment

Please provide a lonk to the form. However, you have probably set the form wrong in the ABVFP control panel, so it actually does NOT find the thankyou and error page. But, to verify this, i would need to login in your account. So, please look again at your settings, and verify that thank you and error page URLs are correct.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          Please provide a lonk to the form. However, you have probably set the form wrong in the ABVFP control panel, so it actually does NOT find the thankyou and error page. But, to verify this, i would need to login in your account. So, please look again at your settings, and verify that thank you and error page URLs are correct.
          I have read read the install instructions and published my forms into both directories ABVFP and blackhawksite. The dbts_abvfp.php scripts are in both, and the link to the uploadform is http://www.blackhawksite.com/uploadform.html. Thank you again for the help on this problem.

Comment

Working...
          X