forms publishing error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forms publishing error

Hi, I have managed to create my forms but when I am trying to publish my contacts and action pages I am getting a erro message saying

ERROR 550: Cant Change Directory to public_contacts. No such file or directory

famaushee.com

Re: forms publishing error

Actually the exact message I get says,

ERROR 550: Cant Change Directory to public_php/contacts. No such file or directory

Now this is what I get even when I am trying to publish a normal page like the index page. Someone has any ideas?

www.famaushee.com

Comment

This should be public_html, not public_php.

Also, what is that /contacts ?? You are publishing simply in "public_html" unless you have created a "contacts" folder and you want to publish there.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If you have deleted that folder (contacts) then the error message telling you that there is no such directory, is correct.

Publish everything straight in your "public_html".
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When I click on publish on BV, can how do I change the info there to read as public_html instead of public_php. Which one of them should I use to publish my contacts and action page?

Comment

Just delete the "public_php/contacts" and type "public_html"
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hey! I have managed to fix the problem and the forms work now....am so glad.
              I've only got two more questions. How to I make my site to have a name appear on the Task Bar when open. It alwasy says Untitled page. The other question is search engines. I cant search for my site on google, how do I make google find my site?

Comment

1. Name your pages: View, Page properties, and in the field title type the page title.
                2. Very long argument: Google, as well as other Search Engines, take their time before they index your site, sometime it might take months.

You need to work on your metatags, in SE optimization, examine thoroughly your pages and edit them if necessary, add a site map, and, eventually (some say NOT to do it) submit your site to the main SEs.

Search this forum for SE Optimization. There is a dedicated sub forum, dedicated on SE, i suggest you read the hreads in there.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Re:Features of Design

Just a quick question, is it possible to use Blue Voda to design a website with a feature like the one on this website to, ' Design your own t-shirt' http://www.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Cre...t/Designer-59/

Comment

This requires indepth knowledge of Javascript. BV can create the frontend, but all the coding is Javascript
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I need to design a website that contains these kind of features, would you therefore know anywhere I can get help with this or any website builders that can do javascript?
                      I dont mind paying for it really.

Comment

No. These are absolutely custom made, hand coded Javascripts. They do use some ready made Javascript libraries (in this case prototype.js) but the core is all handcoded. Only a pro can build what you need here.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks very very much naval.
                          Looks like I may have to use the services of a pro. I am really a fast learner. I just hope there was somewhere I could learn the basics and then try and utilize my creativity instead of relying on someone else's designs. You've been of great help though, Thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
                          X