Am I Ready to publsh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Ready to publsh?

I have password and confirmation from BV about the domain name etc.Althought they said it won't be active for 72 hours.
    I have made 10 web pages saved under BV but each of these pages have documents for the drop down menus and buttons etc for which I have entered a URL for under the pages properties on each page. I have put all the docs in a folder in the BV folder. I have locked everything and done the page properties for each page. I just can't work out how my microsoft docs are going to become html files is this the next stage that I haven't got to yet?

Thanks again

Sarah

Re: Am I Ready to publsh?

Hi, you will have to save your MS/docs as webpages if you have the need to have these showing on your site.
    They will also have to be uploaded via FTP to your server.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
      I haven;t tried to save MS docs as webpages so I just tried but everything shifts and looks a mess on the page. Then there is a choice of saving as web page or as single file web page. Could you please let me knwo which I shuld be saving as and how to get all the stuff on th epages baack in the right place. I have so many of these docs to do.

A bit diillusioned,

Sarah

Comment

Hi, is there a reason for using MS as a web page & not using BV to make a proper page. There are a lot of things that when used in MS just don’t make up good web pages. Basic text & a few other things are fine if you need to do it this way. But when MS the pages have many items imbedded into them, they won’t work very well as html without a lot of work.
        It’s a lot quicker to make proper web pages using BV. Once you have some sort of web page layout, most pages should only take a few minutes to cut & paste from MS into BV.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Just a suggestion here, particularly if you are interested in having your documents printed.

Why now download the free pdf converter, convert your word documents to pdf, it only takes a second for each document, you don't have to do anything further to your document, just convert each one, and upload them to your public_html directory, via the ftp method, then link to them, and they will open on your site as a pdf document, as long as the viewer has adobe acrobat reader installed on their computer (which most everyone does, or you could supply a link to download that free version from adobe) they will all be able to view your documents and print them too ...

Just a thought, if you are interested in this here is the link to the free pdf converter - pdf documents give a really nice clean look too ...
          You can see how I've set this up by having a look here

Just a thought, this may work for you ...

I've worked with alot of word document pages to apply on a blue voda page and it is a fair bit of work for each page, lots of formatting to do differently from word to the blue voda page, spacing etc. ...

So just another option, depends on your needs ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
            Hi, is there a reason for using MS as a web page & not using BV to make a proper page. There are a lot of things that when used in MS just don’t make up good web pages. Basic text & a few other things are fine if you need to do it this way. But when MS the pages have many items imbedded into them, they won’t work very well as html without a lot of work.
            It’s a lot quicker to make proper web pages using BV. Once you have some sort of web page layout, most pages should only take a few minutes to cut & paste from MS into BV.
            Thank you for the reply, actually I tried to make BV pages for each doc but for example when I tried to make an enrolment form I couldn't get my logo and familiar things to work on the page or the size correct and when I printed it, it was all over the place. My visitors may want to print, as these doc are copies of flyers that have been sent out. On my existing website they just click on it and it print out as what they see. Cut and paste from MS to BV doesn't work very well I've found it quicker to start form scatch but the problem is the volume of docs I have to do.

Thanks again,

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
              Just a suggestion here, particularly if you are interested in having your documents printed.

Why now download the free pdf converter, convert your word documents to pdf, it only takes a second for each document, you don't have to do anything further to your document, just convert each one, and upload them to your public_html directory, via the ftp method, then link to them, and they will open on your site as a pdf document, as long as the viewer has adobe acrobat reader installed on their computer (which most everyone does, or you could supply a link to download that free version from adobe) they will all be able to view your documents and print them too ...

Just a thought, if you are interested in this here is the link to the free pdf converter - pdf documents give a really nice clean look too ...
              You can see how I've set this up by having a look here

Just a thought, this may work for you ...

I've worked with alot of word document pages to apply on a blue voda page and it is a fair bit of work for each page, lots of formatting to do differently from word to the blue voda page, spacing etc. ...

So just another option, depends on your needs ...
              LadyEye thank you, you could see where I was coming from and after downloading the free.pdf converter I have managed to convert all the files.
              I really could not have managed without this info and with my poor knowledge of producing web pages etc. I was so impressed with the page under 'look here' because although it was a pdf doc the background made it look as if it was a web page. Can you tell me how to put a pbackground behind the pdf docs??
              Now that my files are pdf do I have to change the URL from.html to .pdf?

Thank you once again for your invaluable help, I am one step closer now.

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah

Sorry I missed this last part of your post, but I have answered your other post about the extension of the file and how to upload it.

You would need to apply the color on the background on the word document before you converted it ...

You are likely past that state now though ...

Glad you are sorted!! And I agree, it works real well, saves a ton of work and the pdf document is crisp and clean ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ladyeye,
                  Thank you so much, I will attempt the background part later on but its a geat tip and very impressive.

Thanks,
                  Sarah

Comment

HELP please !!!

I am trying to publish my webpage...but I can't. In the pulishing page tutorial it tells me that I will find my servr UP, login name and passowrd in the weclcome e-mail which I received... but there is no such thing there... where should I look for my password, ip adress and my username ?! pls help me

Comment

Re: HELP please !!!

Originally posted by axelluke
                      I am trying to publish my webpage...but I can't. In the pulishing page tutorial it tells me that I will find my servr UP, login name and passowrd in the weclcome e-mail which I received... but there is no such thing there... where should I look for my password, ip adress and my username ?! pls help me
                      Hi.

There are a few welcoming emails that VodaHost sends out.

1. Welcoming you to this forum after your registration here.

2. Welcoming you to VodaHost after you enroll and sign up for your hosting account here.

It will be the email you receive after signing up for #2. This will contain the information you are looking for.

Welcome to VodaLand.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X