Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a template - pls help

Hi, my hosted site is : www.mydurbanoffice.com
    I founs a very nice template that I would like to purchase, however, there is a suggestion to download a example first. This I did and unzipped it in my BlueVoda folder. as it contains a complete site and not just a background, I would like to know where to from here?
    Kind regards
    Brits
    Brits ( Durban South Africa )
    www.webstorm.co.za

Re: Installing a template - pls help

You should also find a page of instructions for doing so within this zip folder you downloaded .... to see if there is anything special you need to do ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps I should try and explain : I downloaded Blue Voda and then also Soholaunch. I signed up for hosting and a domain.I then started the Soholaunch program and was quite dissappointed. I thought it was some super program that could make me into a pro with just a few clicks. Out of frustration I started surfing again and found some really great templates at http://www.vodahosttemplates.com/search.html?category=2 I understand that these cost a few $ but saw that when you view the template, on the side panel it suggests that you download a sample. This I did and unzipped it. I did have a look at the files but found no help file at all. Now please understand that I am by no means a developer or will ever be, but, it would be nice to download a really cool template then populate it with some business data and then host it. However, I am confused as I thought I would be able to open the site within either Blue Voda or Soholaunch, and start edeiting the content. It seems to me that I am wrong as the template display page refers to programs such as Dreamweaver etc. Can someone perhaps point in the right direction?
      Kind regards
      Brits
      Brits ( Durban South Africa )
      www.webstorm.co.za

Comment

Originally posted by Brits
        Thank you for your reply. Perhaps I should try and explain : I downloaded Blue Voda and then also Soholaunch. I signed up for hosting and a domain.I then started the Soholaunch program and was quite dissappointed. I thought it was some super program that could make me into a pro with just a few clicks.
        If you watch the BlueVoda and the SohoLaunch tutorials, you will learn how to make an excellent website in just a few clicks. These programs come with background templates that you can customize with your own text, logos, and buttons. BV comes with a logomaker and has hundreds of buttons to choose from to suit your desired style. It does take a little time and effort on your part to learn to use these programs. If you invest a couple of hours into watching all the tutorials, you will get a "crash course" on website building through BlueVoda or Soholaunch.

The BlueVoda tutorials can be found HERE
        The Soholaunch tutorials can be found HERE

Originally posted by Brits
        Out of frustration I started surfing again and found some really great templates at http://www.vodahosttemplates.com/search.html?category=2 I understand that these cost a few $ but saw that when you view the template, on the side panel it suggests that you download a sample. This I did and unzipped it. I did have a look at the files but found no help file at all. Now please understand that I am by no means a developer or will ever be, but, it would be nice to download a really cool template then populate it with some business data and then host it. However, I am confused as I thought I would be able to open the site within either Blue Voda or Soholaunch, and start edeiting the content. It seems to me that I am wrong as the template display page refers to programs such as Dreamweaver etc. Can someone perhaps point in the right direction?
        Kind regards
        Brits
        These templates are more than background templates. These are website templates and are fully customizable with html editors such as Dreamweaver, etc. There are many customers that choose to use vodahost as a hosting company, but don't want to use bluevoda or soholaunch to make their websites. They choose to buy a template and edit it through other programs such as Dreamweaver. If you do this, you will probably require a little more html knowledge, but at minimum you will still have to invest some time to learn how to use an editing program.

My suggestion is to begin building a site either with BlueVoda or Soholaunch. Watch the tutorials, and ask for help on this forum if you get lost or need help. There are many people here willing to help you on your way as you learn to build sites. This is the best place for a person with no website building knowledge to learn to build sites. If you do it yourself, you will save lots of money, and you will learn something new. If you want, there are many people that are members of this community that build websites as well for a fee and would be willing to build your site for you with whatever template or design you have in mind. Welcome, and good luck in your endeavors. If you would like for me to help you build a site, you can contact me HERE
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
        X