excel html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excel html

I had a question the other day (thread excel and bluevoda) which was answered thanks to the forum.

However, with my excel file now saved as an html file and having followed the html bluevoda tutorial, the server will not load my page.

I thought at first that i was linking incorrectly but all links to all other pages (those without excel html files involved) load just fine.

So the question is, what am i doing wrong with my excel file? So far i have been opening the html box in a blank bluevoda page and pasting into it from the source of my html excel page.

I then tried an i frame but i'm not sure if i'm doing that right either.

I realise this is getting long winded but if anybody could give me a simple explanation of how to get an excel worksheet onto my website, i'd be eternally grateful.

Re: excel html

How exactly are you trying to add a excel spreadsheet to your website???, please provide a link so we can take a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Just as anther thought? Have you checked that the extension is .html? As I have found MS quite often saves it as .htm
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

my website is mikesfootballpages.com.

At the moment only the england and europe buttons on the fixed menu bar will take you anywhere.

So if you click england then try and access, say, the 1889 league table, nothing comes up.

I have copied and pasted the html from the source of my saved excel page and so in preview mode up comes the table. However, when published, the page will not load.

I don't understand why it works in preview mode but not when published.

Any ideas??

If i need to start again i will.

Comment

I should add that i have an excel - html converter, and that is why i have able to paste the source of my excel.html page

Comment

Originally posted by charmike
            I should add that i have an excel - html converter, and that is why i have able to paste the source of my excel.html page
            I dont know what a excel - html converter is, please provide a link. We can not be held liable for the reliability and functionality of third party softwares.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This is one of your links:

You do not need to include the public_html within any of your links.......

this.... mikesfootballtables.com ...equates to .. public_html
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Many thanks for your responses. Your time and patience is much appreciated. Everything is in order except for one thing...the i frame.

So (hopefully) my last question.

I have my iframe in place. I have an excel file saved as a webpage and i have uploaded it to the public_html file using the FTP manager.

In the bluevoda builder i have written the following in the iframe http://www.mikesfootballpages.com/pu...ml/1891-92.htm

So, in an iframe do i need the public_html part? Should it be htm or html at the end?

Comment

Hi, the best way to check if all is ok is to go into c panel & find the XL file. Click on the file & the url will appear on the right hand side. Click on the url to see if it opens as a web page. If all is ok, copy this url to the iframe url field.
                  The only reason I say this, is the link in your post is not opening as a web page, so somthing is not right?.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry, just to clarify, by c panel do you mean the FTP Manager? Whilst in the manager, under properties the location is given as ftp://75.126.169.138/public_html/1891-92.htm

If i double click on it, it opens and displays exactly how i want it to display on the website in the i frame. I copy and pasted the above location into my i frame (having already tried it with the domainname), published and the result is as follows

http://www.mikesfootballpages.com/england/1891-92.html

So, does the file location look correct? Will my questions ever end?? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Hmmm....well i've got round the problem by going around the public_html folder.

I assume that i was linking it incorrectly but still not sure how. Anyway, the page now shows, so thanks to anyone who has helped me out.

Comment

Hi,
                        The FTP manager is not your cpanel. The C Panel is the main control panel for your website. It’s the same place where you create email accounts/sub domains/view stats & so on.
                        Your page should look something like this!

The link that was placed in the iframe url field should be this.

Also have a quick look to see if you have 2 iframes on that page. I maybe wrong, but it looked like it.

Good luck.
                        PS The only reason you may have a link like this http://www.mikesfootballpages.com/england/1891-92.html is if you had created another folder/directory called England. Then you would ftp the file to Public_html/England/
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks very much. Looks like that's cleared it up.

Comment

Working...
                          X