Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password in Forms

Hi,
    In the tutorials it show that a visitor on your form can change their password. I could not find more details on the password. What is this password for and how does it benifit my customer an my site?

2nd Question: How secure is the information enterred by the visitors?

I will really appreciate if you experienced golden beards could enlighten my darknes here please.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Password in Forms -please

I'm almost ready for our web publishing, but jus a few things to sort out still. I need to what the password option in Forms is to be used for and how secure is the information submitted by visitors.

I will be greatful if you could give me some answers...
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Re: Password in Forms

Not quite sure what your asking- but a password protected form is one that will not submit unless the password given the customer is correct.

Second- the info sent via a form is as secure in as much as or equal to that of an e-mail. To get a more secure site you would need a SSL certificate which is about $100/year. A must if your asking for sensitive information in the form.

Hope that helps?

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy,

Must the customer then first register to create his/her own password or is it a password we give them? On the other hand, I dont think it is that vital for the customers to have a password then. It is a real estate site I'm busy with and I was just concerned that the opposition can get hold of customer telephone numbers, names, etc. by viewing it on the site e.g source code.

Thanks again, your answer cleared the uncertainty.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

A password field is only useful if you want only REGISTERED users to be able to submit the form with the info. If that is not the case, you don't need one.

Yes, for the customer to have a password, you should either provide him one, that you create and store in a database, OR have a registration script, where the user can register and set his own username / password. Of course, this script also has a verification part: the user logs in and the script only allowes him to view the form (and submit) if his loggin details are included in the database.

As Andy said, only a SSL can provide more security, meanung that the info, even if cought by someone, can NOT be read.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Naveldesign,

I really appreciate all the help and explanations in such detail.

By the way, your site looks excellent. I've learnt from it.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X