ftp help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp help

hi i have have created my website and registered for voda host. i now need to put my site online. i believe i do this with the ftp manager under the tools file. however i dont know my user name password or server IP should blue voda have emailed this to me when i paid and registered?
    thanks

Re: ftp help

You should of had an email from Vodahost with all these details. If you havnt had one, contact the support desk at the Help me link at the top of this page.
    When you have got this part done, you will be able to use the publish button in BV to place your pages online.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by ashleywood.ash
      hi i have have created my website and registered for voda host. i now need to put my site online. i believe i do this with the ftp manager under the tools file. however i dont know my user name password or server IP should blue voda have emailed this to me when i paid and registered?
      thanks
      When you purchase a hosting package from Vodahost (which comes with a free domain name) they will send you a welcome email with your user name, password, etc.
      If you just now made this purchase, it'll take a little while for it to get to you.

Congratulations on your wise decision to join the Vodafamily. You couldn't have made a better choice.

Welcome.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

strangely as soon as i posted this thread i recieved mail. however i now have a new problem, i have published my page successfully but when i go online and type in my my web address there is nothing there.
        ps thanks for the welcome

Comment

Originally posted by ashleywood.ash
          strangely as soon as i posted this thread i recieved mail. however i now have a new problem, i have published my page successfully but when i go online and type in my my web address there is nothing there.
          ps thanks for the welcome
          Hmm, I have a bit of a brain freeze today, but I seem to recall it may take up to like 24 or so hours for everything to get alive..or however that is said correctly..

Funny, we are all so eager to see our work! I know exactly how you feel, but I think I will tell you what everybody told me in the beginning - be patient. LOL They always tell you like 24 or whatever hours, but they most always do it sooner.

What is your URL? You should post it so that when you have questions, folks can go look to find ways to help or advise..

Good Luck!
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

url is www.furryfriends.org.uk

a little business me and my missus are steeing up for her :)

oops might get loads of pages published then as i have just been publishing over and over :) ill wait for a bit

Comment

Don’t worry! If you publish a page again, it will just overwrite the page that’s already there. Have you published your 1st page which will be your home page also known as the index page? This like many other pages will go to the public_html directory.
              So when you click on this www.furryfriends.org.uk your Home page will show.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X