Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-language site link problems

Hi all,
    I'm new to Vodahost and site building for that matter!
    My site www.goodguysvas.com is a multi language site (english and german)
    the index.html page is english and homegerman.html is the german homepage.
    On each page I have images of the US and German flag which are supose to direct the user to the appropriate language. This works fine for the main text window but when I click on the German flag while on the US homepage, the text switched to German but the buttons remain in english.
    If I go into Blue Voda to check the config for the buttons everthing look correct. The buttons in english point to english pages and the buttons in german point to germna pages. I also check the config for the flag images and they appear to be correct as well.

Does anyone have an idea about what is going wrong?
    Is it possible that the buttons from the index.html page are stored in cache and not loaded from the host when I click on the german flag.
    I'm running out of ideas here!

Thx

Bakers61

Re: Multi-language site link problems

Most of the time, this is probable caused if you have copied the english buttons and changed the wording......

Try deleting the german buttons and recreate new ones.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks David thats exactly what I did...I will give it a try

Bakers61

Comment

I just re-created all of the buttons on the German pages and still have the same problem.
        If you visit www.goodguysvas.com and click on the German flag, you will see that the main text will change to German but the buttons remain in english.

One thing I did notice was that when I created the english pages, Blue Voda created a subdirectory for each page. This directory contains another folder called images. When I created the german pages the program did not create this subdirectory. The pages are stored directly in the blue voda directory with no image subdirectory.
        Could this be part of the problem? Is the wrong image being selected for the german pages? If so, how do I correct this?

Thx
        Bakers61

Comment

BV Creating a seperate subdirectory/folder for each page is not normal.

Unless you create a subfolder yourself, BV will give an error if you try to publish to a non existent dir/folder.

What normally happens, is that you have a single hosting account and you PUBLISH your pages to public_html (which is your main domain dir/public folder.)

ALL pages are then normally stored/published to your public_html dir/folder
          and when you publish BV will take and store all relevent items/images automatically.

So I do not understand it when you say that each English page is in a seperate subdirectory.

Can you try to elaborate on this?
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by bakers61
            I just re-created all of the buttons on the German pages and still have the same problem.
            If you visit www.goodguysvas.com and click on the German flag, you will see that the main text will change to German but the buttons remain in english.

One thing I did notice was that when I created the english pages, Blue Voda created a subdirectory for each page. This directory contains another folder called images. When I created the german pages the program did not create this subdirectory. The pages are stored directly in the blue voda directory with no image subdirectory.
            Could this be part of the problem? Is the wrong image being selected for the german pages? If so, how do I correct this?

Thx
            Bakers61

I don't have any problem, I see that your buttoms work so well, when I click on the German flag all the buttoms change to german, just the Home buttom, maybe in German it is home as well?

But everything looks great, I don't see any problems.

Comment

I also viewed your site with Firefox. I went to different pages and clicked multiple times between german and english and i always saw the appropriate buttons.
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Looks like you have fixed it now......
                Have fun
                Regards..... David