Site Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Review

My store on Voda Host is looking pretty good to me, I just need some extra eyes to give me some ideas. Not only from a web marketer point of view but can some look at it as a customer as well. Any help is appreciated!

The site is http://www.mycoffeegourmet.com

Thanks everyone!
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: Site Review

Really nice site...puts me in the mood for coffee (or at least the smell as that's really what does it for me lol!) A couple of suggestions?

1. I think centering your page will take it up a notch. You can accomplish this by right clicking any empty area on your page in bv, select Page Properties, and check the "center in browser" option. (your page width is currently ~1022. It is recommended that the pages be around 800 or so, but I have a feeling you have a lot of pages, so if you're not in the mood, just make sure 1022 is in the width when you "check the center in browser" option)

2. Some of the titles for your nav buttons are too long. May I suggest that you shorten the ones that are too long for the buttons. For example, since "Decaffeinated Coffee" is too long, maybe just label the button as "Decaf" or "Decaf Coffee" then use the the whole "Decaffeinated Coffee" as an alternate text. which brings me to number three...

3. Do alternate texts for all the nav buttons as this tends to look more professional than showing the link on mouseover.

Other than that, hats off to you...fantastic job. You should be proud!

Comment

AmaDee,

Thank you for the comments. I will try the centering and see how it looks. I do not really have that many pages that it would take a while to change it all.

I will look at the nav buttons too, I didn't notice that some of the alt's were not there...

Thanks for the help, I always take good advice to heart! :)
      My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Hi there,
        I like your site.
        Just one question, the brown color in your page looks a shape.
        Why don't you use the same color in the page it self and not the peach color?
        May be if you remove that big shape your page loading time will be shorter.
        I agree with Amadee, instead using the menu buttons, you can use text links, and this will help also for SEO ( this is what the GURUS have been telling me)
        Nice work.
        Alas

Comment

Hey you have done a lot of hard work, Site looks great

Well done
          Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
          X