Email Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Request

How can I put in a link that leads directly to an email form that is part of the browser's email system?

This would be something like "Email to davidlee9****.com" in such a way that clicking on the address would automatically bring up an email screen, just as if the user had hit the Write Mail button in his browser.

David Lee

Re: Email Request

Hi, somthing like this? Click on one of the links on the page.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

And it is suggested that you encrypt your email, helping to safe guard you against spammers ...

the email encrypter is a handy tool and can be found at

www.dynamicdrive.com

It is also nice to show your email just in text format, (without linking it) as well for those people that do not want their default email program opening ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

how about them *****s, Chris. Will the script include the images?

Alternately, David, you can highlight your name/email address/image that you want linked to the email command,

Go to Insert, Link or click on the Link button on the HTML toolbar

In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, select "mailto" as the Link Type

In the url, type in your email address after the initial "mailto:" in the URL field. (It is really important that the initial "mailto:" is before your email address or this won't work)

Hope this helps

Comment

Not everyone's browser is compatible with what you are trying to do or does not have a browser email client so it would probably be reccomended to creat a contact form which would then also hide your email away from spam bots which if done in the way suggested would just be harvested by them and then you'd just start receiving hundreds of unwanted emails.

I've recently just put up a free contact form creator on my site here which will make the job really easy for even a begginer. Hope it helps.
          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

I agree with Mook, the form is the way to go ... much safer and you will be pleasantly surprised to see the reduction in "spam"

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Please note that Google considers contact details (and amomg them the email address) one of the most important elements of a website as SE are concerned.

Mook, that is a cool tool, but in my opinion, just for begginers.It will NOT allow any form formatting (unless you manually edit the html code) nor will it perform any validation other than mandatory fields. As i said, a simple tool for begginers.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X