Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership/subscrition software

Hi all,

i have a few sites now with BV and want to start a subscription service that clients can pay for. Does anyone know of any good software to do this? As usual google throws up a million options but I would prefer some recomendations if there are any.

many thanks as usual

Dave

www.consciouscreation.co.uk
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Re: Membership/subscrition software

I have a few bits of software on my site www.globalmook.com I'e got a mailing list manager under the software section and a membership site manager under the scripts section. See what you think
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

amember and aweber (the mass emailer) are most definitely NOT on my reccommended list, Chris.....far too expensive, cumbersome (too many redundancies that interfere with the processes and even send the wrong messages), and the Management is extremely unhelpful (if not hostile).

But.....anyone can do whatever they wish....

I speak from experience, if that means anything.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
          amember and aweber (the mass emailer) are most definitely NOT on my reccommended list, Chris.....far too expensive, cumbersome (too many redundancies that interfere with the processes and even send the wrong messages), and the Management is extremely unhelpful (if not hostile).

Really surprised at that!
          I can only go by my experience & friends.
          But they helped me in the past (but only a small thing) & found them very nice to deal with. A friend of mine has got them working on some alterations to their software & has found them really helpful & courteous.

You can’t have given them enough money. LOL
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
            Really surprised at that!
            You can’t have given them enough money. LOL
            I prefer not give a dime for rubbish, yet I got taken for a pretty penny!

I will email you with the details of which I refer, Chris......it would be much too negative to post here in VT.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post

All I have heard from others about aweber is good, until this. Two weeks ago I signed with aweber and it has been nothing but headaches since: inflexible templates, awkward interface, unstable handling of content, and misfired emails. Plus a staff that seems to be more interested in closing tickets and chat sessions than finding solutions. I am looking for a way to gracefully exit with the leads I have in their database and start anew somewhere else. My impression of aweber is they are great email marketers without the technical expertise to support their talk.

Comment

Here is a suggestion for those who are looking for a solution that's flexible, easy to manage, and free...

some features listed below were found here:

http://clubdata.sourceforge.net/features.php
                1. Managing of club members, with private and firm address
                2. Different membership types (you can create your own ones) with different membership fees.
                3. Several membership features, like "infos per email welcome" , "agree to give address to other members","agree to publish data via WWW", etc (Have a look at "Member information")
                4. Freely definable attributes (e.g. board member) can be assigned to each member
                5. Managing of membership fees (also "special agreements") and payments.
                6. Sending mass emails via SMTP
                7. Create Excel-Sheets for further processing (like mass letters, etc)
                8. Create an address list to use with the German Infopost Manager.
                9. A large number of selection criteria for searching members
                10. A authentication system with the possibility to give access on a per screen basis (e.g. Private data, firm data, member information.) with either read, update, insert and/or delete access.
                11. To be able to work with providers who are running PHP as CGI script. I am not depending on the authentication mechanism of PHP.
                12. Variable salutations, also for different languages (e.g. for members in other countries)
                13. Support for different languages (English, German and French for the moment)
                14. A large possibility for configuration. E.g. the standard columns shown as a search result can be defined by the administrator (but can be overwritten for each search by the user)
                15. A "user" and a "member" interface. The "user" interface is used by the club officials to administrate their members. The "member" interface gives each member a limited possibility to change his data (such as E-mail address, etc.) and to look for information about other members [see 3.) "agree to publish data via WWW"].
                16. Export of member lists as PDF or Excel. The member can decide, which data should be published (Either only private, or firm or both data)
                17. Conference management. A rudimentary conference management is implemented to manage subscriptions to conferences.
                18. Accounting functionalities, like unbalanced accounts, mass update of payments, etc
                19. Easy Update mechanism. When installing a new version of Clubdata, the database is automatically updated to the needed version.
                Robert
                www.GraphXntrix.com
                Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
                X