New Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site

Just published a new site for my work. Still have more to do. Any suggestions?

Danielle
    www.wilsonpaves.com
    www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
    Danielle

Re: New Site

You are off to a good start. A couple of suggestions?

- center your pages in the browser (View, Page Properties, check the box the says "Center in Browser")

- name your pages (for example, with your homepage, you can say something like "Welcome to Wilson, Paves & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc."...you can do this in the Page Properties dialog box by typing this in the Title box)

- Where you have helpful links, make sure that these links open up into a new window so that the viewer doesn't have to struggle to get back to your site. (In the Target for each of these links, like DMV, select _blank)

hope this helps. you are doing really well with your site. keep up the good work.

Comment

AmaDee,

Great suggestions! I will work on it!

Danielle
      Danielle

Comment

like I said ealier, Danielle, you are off to a great start. I wish you the very best and I will keep checking back to see how you are coming along.

Comment

Thank you. Did you check out my first site and if so...any suggestions? I am always looking to make improvements! :)

www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
          Danielle

Comment

I did and I wanted to offer my condolences, but wasn't sure...(let me go back there and see if I can offer any advice)

Comment

ok, let's start with the photo album...I think you should make use of either the Photo Gallery or Lightbox option (Insert, Extra, Photo Gallery or Lightbox). I say this because this will give the page a sense of organization. And also, you can have the titles under the pictures like you do now.

Also, make the page's width 800 and center it in your browser (View, Page Properties).

When you're done with this page, we'll take a look at the other ones. How does that sound?

Comment

Danielle,
                The two images at the bottom of http://www.wilsonpaves.com/ Blue Shield of Cali and Independent Insurance Agent are very fuzzy. Did a search and found this , you can probably get the ones you need from your source.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Good start Danielle

The header text and logo (WPA) looks a little choppy. If you want some help with it, I would be more than happy to lend some time on it.

Danny Canada

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                    Danielle,
                    The two images at the bottom of http://www.wilsonpaves.com/ Blue Shield of Cali and Independent Insurance Agent are very fuzzy. Did a search and found this , you can probably get the ones you need from your source.

Yeah...I know. This is just a rough draft and the bosses wanted it up and running as is for now. Will be tweeking things a little at a time and that is one of them. Thanks for the heads up.

Danielle
                    Danielle

Comment

AmaDee,

Took your suggestions for www.wilsonpaves.com and made the corrections. Oh and thanks for the kind words regarding our son. I created www.vincentvonfrankenberg almost two years ago and haven't really worked too much on it in a while. I do think the photo album needs some help and I am going to work on it and other things....like the songs. Grrrr! I want the music to load quickly and have been stuggling with that. Back to the drawing board! he he! But any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again,

Danielle
                      Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Canada
                        Good start Danielle

The header text and logo (WPA) looks a little choppy. If you want some help with it, I would be more than happy to lend some time on it.

Danny Canada
                        Danny,

Thanks for the message and I appriciate you willingness to help. Don't know what you can do though but I appriciate any suggestions.

Danielle
                        Danielle

Comment

Had some spare time to kill so did something up for a header

Danny
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow Danny...That is very cool! What program are you using? Looks great! :) Thank you for taking the time to do that. I will show it to the powers that be and see if they want me to use it. Thank you again!!!!!

Danielle
                            Danielle

Comment

Hey Danielle,
                              It may be my machine here at work but on the index page and a couple of others, the font is jagged. I don't know if anyone else has this, but it looks like it's been streatched or something. It really looks good though, very nice!
                              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                              X