How I can change my website name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I can change my website name?

Now I'm using www.tcottowel.com. I'd like to change my website name. How can I do it please?

Re: How I can change my website name?

Hi, you would have to purchase another domain name.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If I purchase the other one, I'll cancel the existing one. Do I need to do this. Or vodahost can change one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tcottow
        If I purchase the other one, I'll cancel the existing one. Do I need to do this. Or vodahost can change one for me.
        Hi,

As Chris explained you would need to purchase another domain.

Your domain name is the actual address of your website ... They are renewable yearly by you.

Yes, you can do all of this through Vodahost, if you ordered another domain, you would need to change all of the linking on your pages of your website to reflect the new linking address.

Not quite sure how old your domain is, but if you have traffic built up, visiting your site, you might consider keeping it open until this domain expires.

You would also have to put in a support ticket to Vodahost, to take care of this transfer of domain names if it is your main domain within your vodahosting account. Do you have more than one domain with vodahost now??

All changes on your website you would have to do yourself. It would not automatically adjust your address on the internet.

Do you see what me mean??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I see you mean I need to buy new domain name and let the existing one expires.
          Thank you. Your advises are helpful. Thanks for the other advice in my other thread.

Comment

I have a question. on the vodahost website it advertises (see below) unlimited domain names and websites per account. then how come you are telling this woman that she would have to buy another domain name? thanks,24,000 MB Disk Space - Dell PowerEdge Servers!600 GB Monthly Data Transfer - Go Crazy!Free Domain Name Registration & TransfersUnlimited Matching Email AccountsUnlimited Domain Names and Websites Per AccountFrontPage Extensions & Dreamweaver CompatibleAffiliate Program Software included
            CGI, PHP, MySQL with Unlimited DatabasesShopping Cart & Merchant AccountE-book and Digital Delivery System -Very Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by mediachef1
              I have a question. on the vodahost website it advertises (see below) unlimited domain names and websites per account. then how come you are telling this woman that she would have to buy another domain name? thanks,24,000 MB Disk Space - Dell PowerEdge Servers!600 GB Monthly Data Transfer - Go Crazy!Free Domain Name Registration & TransfersUnlimited Matching Email AccountsUnlimited Domain Names and Websites Per AccountFrontPage Extensions & Dreamweaver CompatibleAffiliate Program Software included

CGI, PHP, MySQL with Unlimited DatabasesShopping Cart & Merchant AccountE-book and Digital Delivery System -Very Cool!
              You can host unlimited domains on your one VodaHost account but each domain name still has to be purchased whether it be from VodaHost or another company. Does this clarify it for you?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by mediachef1
                Hi, with a lot of web hosts you can only have one domain with one hosting account.
                With VH you can have unlimited domains on one account, with unlimited sites. (But you have to purchase the domains) But this saves you a lot of money having to purchase more hosting accounts.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You do not need to wait for your current domain to expire, just purchase a new domain name and then backup your files on your existing domain. Then have Vodahost make your new domain your primary domain. They will reset your old domain from scratch this why your need to backup your current site. Once the new domain has been setup restore your old domain files back to your new domain. Hope this helps.

Comment

hi,
                    All i don't understand is that when i buy a new domain and the other one is not used do i still pay for my old domain name after i buy a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by Me-Shon Fashions07 View Post
                      hi,
                      All i don't understand is that when i buy a new domain and the other one is not used do i still pay for my old domain name after i buy a new one?
                      Your present domain name has already been paid for. You have paid a year in advance. As per previous posts, keep this domain until it expires, and use it to direct traffic to your new domain name.
                      You only have to pay for a new domain name, which is an advance payment for a year.

Tel: +27 799 37 47 63

Comment

Good point there.

The wise thing to do is use your old domain name (already paid in advance for 1 yr) to direct your frequent visitors to your new domain name. Anyway, vodahost account supports multiple domains.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by dasmoon View Post
                          You do not need to wait for your current domain to expire, just purchase a new domain name and then backup your files on your existing domain. Then have Vodahost make your new domain your primary domain. They will reset your old domain from scratch this why your need to backup your current site. Once the new domain has been setup restore your old domain files back to your new domain. Hope this helps.
                          Question for dasmoon:
                          What do I do after I restore the backup to the new domain? Do I edit each page and then publish the page again to see if the changes took effect?
                          Angie
                          www.willowwindgifts.com New Domain
                          AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

Comment

Working...
                          X