PDA

View Full Version : Form posting

Kevin Dwyer
05-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I belong to a golf society and I am trying to design a form whereby the members can sign up for specific tee times. I want to be able to post this to a page that I can print out on game day. I also need to be able to show people, at a glance, what tee times are still available. Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin
www.brgc.biz

navaldesign
05-05-2007, 09:11 PM
What you want requires a somewhat complicated script. You need to have a signup form that also stores the players' details, then you need a php/html page that will retreive this info from the database and will display them. Of course, the whole thing should be searchable by date and time, or display a chart of "reserved" time.

I'm afraid this is not a script that can be easily created, you need to have php / MySQL coding experience. If you are interested in something professional, contact me (http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/contact.php)with details about your requirements.

Kevin Dwyer
05-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks for your input. Is it dificullt to just do a form that saves the players data ?

Kevin

navaldesign
05-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks for your input. Is it dificullt to just do a form that saves the players data ?

Kevin

Having a form for players to signup, is easy. The hard part is creating a script that will allow them to select the tee time from available ones. This requires that when a player wants to go to the form and select a time, there must be a kind of draw, that will allow the player to select date, visualize the available tee times for that day, and then fill in the rest of the form with his details. After that, these details must be stored in the database, and when the next player wants to signup, the tee time chosen by the first must be displayed as "Non available"

This requires some custom scripting and it is rather hard to do if you don't have the experience.