forms that save info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forms that save info

Hello...is there a way to get forms to save info. I want to be able to do a form that more then one person can fill out and still see the info that someone else has filled in.

Thanks
    Kevin Dwyer
    www.brgc.biz
    Kevin Dwyer
    dwyer.1961********.com
    www.brgc.biz

Re: forms that save info

Not in a simple way. Yes, you can save the info in the database easily, but there is NO way (other than having a script) that will display the info in a page.
    I suppose this is the continuation of your other thread, so i take that in consideration. In your case, you don't simply need a script that will display the info in a page. You need a script that will be able to draw a chart of the available tee times for any day, and will also draw the day chart (with names etc).
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It diesn't have to be that elaborate...that was just wishful thinking on my part. I just need to be able to make a page whereby everyone can just fill in when they want to play and that info stays on that page so the other people can just fill in the empty boxes that are still available...there will only be about 24-30 people on any given day.

Thanks
      Kevin
      www.brgc.biz
      Kevin Dwyer
      dwyer.1961********.com
      www.brgc.biz

Comment

Even this simple case requires some scripting.
        You need a page that will display "reserved" tee times. At the bottom, there will be small form that will allow users to select one of the available tee times and fil in their name.
        Once they submit, the tee time that they have selected, will result "reserved".

However, i beleive that a certain degree of automation would be required:

1. What if a user by mistake selects a tee time already reserved ?
        2. What if a user wants to cancel in time ?
        3. How will a user have confirmation of his reservation if his details are not shown in the page ?

These are just some of the possible cases that the script will have to be able to deal with.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes that would be the best scenario but as it is currently we just go to a local pub and write our names down on a pice of paper stuck on the wall. We have a group of tee times reserved at the golf course already. So what you described in the first part of your reply would be fine at this point. Then when I get the site up and running then I can improve on many things. Right now I am just trying to make it convienient for people to write their names in an empty spot. We are not worried about cancellations or confirmation....just writing their name down.

Thanks Again

Kevin
          Kevin Dwyer
          dwyer.1961********.com
          www.brgc.biz

Comment

Navaldesign...

I have been playing around and I can see what you mean about the amount of work that it would take to do what I was orginally thinking. For now I can just use a guest book and then do the entries myself and upload it. It is a lot of work but only a quick fix solution. I have sent an email to your company and I await your answer.

Thanks

Kevin
            Kevin Dwyer
            dwyer.1961********.com
            www.brgc.biz

Comment

Hey Naval....

Thanks very much for that info. I can't seem to find it anywhere. All I can find are web hosting sites that use it. Where can I download it ? You have been very helpful with all the other answers you have given other people that I have used.
              Once again thanks so much

Kevin
              www.brgc.biz
              Kevin Dwyer
              dwyer.1961********.com
              www.brgc.biz

Comment

Hi Kevin,
                if you are a VH customer, go in your CP, and clickl on the last icon (the smiley) wich is Fantastico, find the Webcalendar script and install it.
                Navaldesign

Comment

okay...I have done that now how do I get it to open and use it. Sorry to be such a pain in neck..... I have tried to go in my file manager and create a new file but when I tried to link it to a navigation button I am not sure where to find it if that even is the right way to do it.

Thanks

Kevin
                  Kevin Dwyer
                  dwyer.1961********.com
                  www.brgc.biz

Comment

If you have made the installation you must have received an automated email with loggin details and links to the script Use these details.
                    Also, in Fantastico, when you click on Webcalendar, there is a link to their site where you can find your answers, though if you visit the administration link that has been sent to you, you will see that it is pretty intuitive how to manage and use it.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Naval...

I must be a moron but I cannot figure out how to open or use this progam. I am sure once I get it open I can figure out how to use it. Here is what was snet to me via email.

An instance of WebCalendar was installed on http://brgc.biz
                      Full installation path: /home/??????/public_html
                      Public URL: http://brgc.biz/
                      Admin URL: http://brgc.biz/
                      Username: ????????
                      Password: ????????
                      MySQL database: ?????????_??????
                      MySQL user: ????????_?????
                      Time of installation: Sunday, 06th May, 2007 @ 12:43:07 PM
                      DO NOT REMOVE the file named fantastico_fileslist.txt from the installation
                      directory. It is used for uninstalling this application.

Thanks
                      Kevin
                      Kevin Dwyer
                      dwyer.1961********.com
                      www.brgc.biz

Comment

1. Never, never, never post here your username / password again
                        2. IMMEDIATELLY ENTER YOUR CP and change your password. As i entered ANYONE else may have entered and done who knows what with your site.
                        3. I uninstalled webcalendar from your public_html (that's where you had installed it) and installed in a new folder.
                        5. You must have mail in your yahoo address from the Fantastico wizard with the installation details.
                        6. To enter the program, just click on http://www.brgc.biz/calendar . Use the username and password in the mail you have received to login, and then, once you have entered the administators area, change password.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Naval...

Thanks so much for your help. I have it working now. I have changed my passwords too.

Take Care

Kevin
                          Kevin Dwyer
                          dwyer.1961********.com
                          www.brgc.biz

Comment

Working...
                          X