Help Speed Me Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Speed Me Up

I really need help with page loading and loosing customers due to long loading times. I have tried to reduce the size of my pics but my site is so slow I almost feel like it's windows '98, and thats on a good day. I am using the new BV LIGHTBOX and love the Flash like performance, although I just can't seem to get the pages to load fast enough to keep the viewer. I see this by watching my statcounter and this shows that they are leaving before checking out all of what is offered to them. I am shure you guys can give me some clever ideas to curb this CRITICAL issue

Re: Help Speed Me Up

Sorry as usual I forgot the link www.loghouseboats.com

Comment

It's not that slow to me... But you can change the images in to html...
      If you dont know how... hit me up...

Good luck
      www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

Yes Please tell me how?...

First glance at your site and I'm sold

I don't want to have to refer the viewer to a video sharing site if i don't have to. But that is just the start, my pics take forever to show up as well.

Your Streaming Video is second to none!!! Truly Stuning!

What the heck am I doing wrong?

I must say how impressive your site is. You took me back to my youth as a video game nut that was waiting and ready for the next biggest one to hit the stage. You have the talent that any B.V. web builder should look up to.

Now How do we switch everthing to HTML? As you were saying in your solo post?

I can only come to the conclusion that trained computer Web Building Pros like yourself have the critical info that web sites like yours www.halo360.co.uk and mine www.loghouseboats.com will only be on the same page if the information is shared. Just hook me up if ya Can.

Comment

Yes it does seem to be a little slow loading and it`s` a pity because it is worth waiting for. I have no doubt someone here will have the answer sorry I cant help myself.

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
          egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
          Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Hi, I have to say I quite like the site. But I think you will hold the record for the largest page in KB’s I have come across http://www.loghouseboats.com/construction.html.
            I stopped counting at about 9 meg. Have a look at the link at the bottom of this post photos/images. This may give you some ideas.
            If you are using the light box & this amount of images, I would look at getting them down to about 30-40kb & less. You average from having a brief look was 900kb each.
            This would be worth applying to all images on all pages.
            You front page images have some animation & must admit am note sure on reducing these. I tried & lost the animation side of things. These 2 images are a must for being reduced at 8 meg between them..

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the comments.. I think i will wright a Tuturiol and post it on my site and then i can just submit the link... Please give me a little time as i need to go out for a while to try and fix someone's internet connection...
              www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments of the site content, although I am still stuck in the same boat with regards to speed. Do you think I should spread the site out thinner and maybe lay more text? The site is based on concept so IMAGES are KING for this site. Is it not rediciously slow though? Maybe I should get into Flash but that means cash.

Comment

Oh just before i go... I remembered that i helped someone else... click here
                  It might help... but i will still write a full TUT.....
                  www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

Any day Bro, your site rules. www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

hello Kenb,

i did go through your website and as you had said too, your pages do take a lot of time to be downloaded which in turn as a negative effect to the website visitor. we web designers do not want to lose web visitor.

yes, you have used a lot of images in your website. but since you have to use the images, not putting the images is not an option to you. i had downloaded few of the pages. For example i downloaded the main page and saw that the total image size was a whooping 1.36 mb. i mean it is definately a big size to be downloaded. the files that were eating of the webspace were those files saved in ".bmp" format. now, this format is not suitable to be used in website, because they are not optimized and they take a lot of disk space. you can better save all you ".bmp" files to ".jpg" files and check.

i hope this will definately help. and yes not to forget do optimize your images as much as possible but taking in care the image quality too.
                      nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

I was under the impression bmp was the fasted loading image format?

Comment

I am taking this to my pillow because I just can't keep tappin the keys aymore. I hpoe when I wake up you PROS will have all the answers for me...Different TIME ZONE CHOW FOR NOW Kenb

Comment

No site is that slow when it’s in your cache, but I think many would just leave before it got a chance to get into the cache on there machine. Apart from the images being very large in size, they aren’t the greatest of quality. It looks like they have been given some sort of paint effect. Sorry if they are meant to look like this.
                            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Let me turn my tunes down and comprehend exactly what you are saying.
                              Images were produced from (Punch Silver) an excellent design program for land based projects. If you check it out, it is an award winning CAD Home Design Program and I stand by that totally, allthough I had to minupliate the complete design of the houseboat in order to make it appear as if it were 4' off the deck and completly find alternative ways to make the design work within the given program. I Loved every minute of designing this particular Craft. And I would be happy to share any info when it comes to 3d home design. Kenb

Comment

Working...
                              X