Can you use the code from ABVFP in another program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use the code from ABVFP in another program

I have a script that I am using for people to download ebooks but this reqires me to enter a separate autoresponder script into it.
    Can I create the autoresponder in ABVFP, then place that code into the original script ?

Also, I think I need to use the script for each ebook download so would it be possible to use the same autoresponder code in each separate script.

Thank you in advance

Dominique
    The womens website that men love to read
    www.yourpower2be.com

Learn to look younger www.facialwizard.com

Re: Can you use the code from ABVFP in another program

I am not sure what you mean by "create the autoresponder in ABVFP, then place that code in the original script".

ABVFP is what it says, a form processor. The autoresponder is just a small part of it. Anyway, this small part can,and you are allowed to, be copied and used in any of your scripts. But, in order to work, it needs to have the correct input, and i don't think your script can ever have exactly the same variable names or use the same loops for the form fields as ABVFP does.

Also, i don't know what you mean by "autoresponder". Is this going to really be a simple autoresponder sending the customer a "Thank you" message ? or do you mean an autoresponder for a follow up mailing campain ? If this is what you mean, ABVFP is not a suitable for such a purpose.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

I think the script I am using is meant for some serious emailing but we are not geared up for that. We would be happy if we can get a thank you email sent with perhaps some login details so they are able to access the download. If their email address ended up in a database where we could access it, should we need it in the future that would be OK.

I have set up a very simple form but I get a 404 message saying :-The requested URL /dbts_abvfp.php was not found on this server.

Any ideas?

Regards Dominique
      The womens website that men love to read
      www.yourpower2be.com

Learn to look younger www.facialwizard.com

Comment

The entire operation depends on your own script and how you implement the code relevant to the autoresponder. Since i don't have the slightest idea about your own script, i cannot answer.

ABVFP can treat any form, but ofcourse the info is to be sent from a form. If the info is sent through other ways (i.e. as $_GET variables included in the link) it will not even be able to capture them.

Definetely, i would need to understand what is the logical procedure used to download your ebook and how this script is made. Without these details i cannot say anything.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

dominique - Your wrote "I am getting the same error, if you figure it out please let me know. If I figure it out I will let you know.

Dominique

PS If any body else knows please put us outof our misery."

Dominique - did you get your problem solved? You mentioned in my form log (Form Error dasmoon) you were having the same problem as I was (404 error) and navaldesign answered and corrected my problem. Has your problem been resolved?

Dasmoon

Comment

Working...
          X