PHPBB2 upgrading problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB2 upgrading problems?

Ok. Here is my problem: I upgrade my Forum from 2.01 to 2.02, then the board crashes... so I have to unistall the previous installation and reinstall. Then after the upgraded installation, I restore the database to load the archived posts and memberslist and the board reverts back to 2.01

I am frustrated with upgrading.

my question: Is there a way to just back up the posts and members list and not the software... and can I restore the posts and members list to the new 2.02 version?

Re: PHPBB2 upgrading problems?

What do you mean when you say the board crashes? What exactly is happening? Are you seeing error messages of any kind?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Race,

How's it going? I went to your forum and saw your design and let me just say, what a beauty. I clicked on the link to Themes by Design and found the many treasures Peggy has hidden in there. Thanks for that, by the way.

I've downloaded a copy of the styles, but I'm now stuck. I have absolutely no idea what to do after extracting the files.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
        Hi Race,

How's it going? I went to your forum and saw your design and let me just say, what a beauty. I clicked on the link to Themes by Design and found the many treasures Peggy has hidden in there. Thanks for that, by the way.

I've downloaded a copy of the styles, but I'm now stuck. I have absolutely no idea what to do after extracting the files.

Any ideas?
        TY You should check out all the designs I have on there - you can select between them with the drop down box on the bottom left. The idea is to give fans of every race driver a style of their own.

Peggy's designs are for vBulletin forums, so they won't work on phpBB forums, but you should be able to modify one of your existing phpBB styles using the colors and images from one of her styles.

In Style Admin in your administration panel, you can edit your styles to change colors, fonts, etc. It takes a little trial and error, but it's fun to do.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Ok, Race. Thanks for the reply. I'll try doing as you suggest. I was in my admin panel of my phpBB forum today trying to change the colors and yeah, like you said, it takes a little (in my case, a WHOLE LOT) trial and error.

Comment

Oh, my! Those are wayyy too cool. I'm trying to have a red, green, and blue theme, but for some reason, I can't find anything that flows. I spent more than 2 hours ealier just going at it and needless to say, I had to reinstall because I totally jacked it up lol!

Comment

Have you seen one you think would look nice? Or can you give me a concrete idea what you'd like to have? If so, I can have a go at building you a phpBB style.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

ummm. Ok, in my signature, there's a link about sickle cell. Could you click on that and take a look at the logo? I want the forum to have this theme, but at the same time, not so flashy...I know, it's a stretch with the colors I've chosen, but that's what I have in mind. What say you?

Comment

No promises of quality, but I'll see what I can do. lol
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

YEHHH! Thanks, Race. And I promise to cheer for you when you're done. yeah, I know you remember...but I think that thread was deleted.

Comment

I've made a start on this and I think it will turn out well. Please give me a couple days to wrap it up.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

ok, Race. I really appreciate this.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
                          ok, Race. I really appreciate this.
                          Do you have a layered or transparent copy of the logo that you can email me? racefan20n11******.com
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Race's got mail.

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20 View Post
                              What do you mean when you say the board crashes? What exactly is happening? Are you seeing error messages of any kind?
                              I forget what the page looks like but, it is a PHP error page.

Basically, I would like to back up the threads, posts, members list, without backing up the program files.... so I can install the new version then restore the back up, without alos restoring the program files. If I do a full back up, install the new forum then try to bak up and restore the forum reverts back to the previous version when it was backed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X