Using article directories for traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using article directories for traffic

As this is still way new for me I'm going to ask the questions I have even if they show I not know what I do but intend on learning.

Suppose I want to submit an article to ezine would I write it in ms word then cut and paste on their site or Do I need some other program to write it on and then submit. I would hate to write an article then find out it isn't compatible with the place I'm going to use it. Can I write my article on a bv webpage then cut and paste? What are my choices.

Thanks
    Lose the Weight

Re: Using article directories for traffic

You shouldn't have any trouble pasting the article from word to any of the article sites. If you are worried about it - just paste it from word to notepad first, then take it from notepad to the article site. You shouldn't need to do that - but there might be one that will help.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks I'll try that

www.dietdon.com
      Lose the Weight

Comment

A slicker way to seed links both on the web and in "articles" is to truly prepare them for the specific format (type of ezine) and audience:
        rather than post/publish your composition wholly (totally complete), try presenting an abbreviated version with succinct relevance, and at the end of "excerpt" simply provide a link back to your site where the whole article is available for review (i.e. "Full Article Here")

This accomplishes a number of things immediately, creatively and within conforming SE metric style:

1. By "publishing" portions of your article as an excerpt (being careful to completely "answer" the topic), you comply with the ezine relevance entirely, and pique reader's interest (inviting them to link back to the whole article -- creating unique traffic);

2. Having the complete article on your site will elevate the compositional relevance, not just by having the same content repeated, but by greater development around the excerpted content (SE's will thus rank you as the "resource");

3. Reinforcing this construct of compliant Content (relevance) is the hard-link you left that brings you back to your site (which is a more favorable type of reciprocol link, as it is direct-relevance);

4. And, rather than simply have your content with the ability to be copied and pasted by viewers, consider preparing it also in a PDF downloadable format in the same area on your page (so to further offer additional link metrics to the content: dynamic link, and "reciprocol-in, site-specific sideways" -- not an 'exit' link -- be sure to include this ancillary DB page in your ROR mapping scheme, which will be "read" and "navigated" but not paged as part of normal cache), and to leave that indelible first impression that you are professional from the get-go, as it has your unalterable logo and other info on the document!

Plan, plan, plan.....and plan with every possible scenario pre-concieved!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Lear,

You can usually cut and paste your text from just about anything. The real question is what will happen to your formatting. If you're using ezinearticles.com, here are a couple tips:

First, turn on ezinearticles' WYSIWYG editor. There's an option for this in the interface you'll use when you submit your article.

Second, if you're pasting from Word, use the "paste from MS Word" button on the WYSIWYG editor rather than the normal paste function. This will preserve (more of) the formatting.

And finally, don't panic if the text looks weird when you paste it into the text field. Preview the article and see what it looks like -- some of the formatting will only show up in the preview window.

Hope this helps.
          Greg Benage
          Internet Marketing 101
          A free network for online entrepreneurs
          http://www.im-101.com

Comment

Greg,

When I click on your link I get index of/. I don't get your website.
            Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi 1lear,

I know some folks advocate submitting up to 5 articles daily to get an adequate amount of traffic to their web sites. They will go further to change approximately 30 to 40 percent of the original article to ad to other ezine article sites so they won't be hit with duplication.

This works for some internet marketing people I read about on another forum. I haven't tried it yet.
              Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi 1lear,

I know some folks advocate submitting up to 5 articles daily to get an adequate amount of traffic to their web sites. They will go further to change approximately 30 to 40 percent of the original article to ad to other ezine article sites so they won't be hit with duplication.

This works for some internet marketing people I read about on another forum. I haven't tried it yet.

I write articles, not as many now as I should. The best way I believe to get traffic without so much work is to submit around 3 a month and just to a select few, better still just ask a website that's on topic if they would include your article. This gives you a one way link from a site that is on topic and will get read by the exact audience you want.

Most directories in my opinion are just not worth submitting to.
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by karel
                  This gives you a one way link from a site that is on topic and will get read by the exact audience you want.

Most directories in my opinion are just not worth submitting to.
                  Exactly.....that is another reason to submit "excerpts" or abbreviated items with a link to greater depth of context and content back to your site (again, so you are elevated as "resource").

Seeding content and links even if seemingly "appropriate" can actually work against you as well, depending on the overall relevance and/or construct (vis a vis Perfect Page) rank the 'directory' has performed or earned with the SE's.....making your posture as "resource" even more important to establish.

Placement of your presence on the web (strategy) is just as a meticulous process as crafting your content, and may be even more important in the long run.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

Great tips!!

Thanks,
                    -Jacksparrow_6
                    sigpic
                    Jacksparrow_6

Comment

Working...