Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Help

HI
    I am trying to place an RSVP form on my website.
    so far i have done the following:
    - I created a form on a page that i saved as form.php
    - in form properties my form name is RSVP, the action is thankyou.php, method is POST, and encoding type is mutlipart/form-data
    - within page proterties of my form page - my file extension is html
    - i then created a page save as thankyou.bvp
    - on my thankyou page, within page properties, my title is thankyou and my file extension is php
    - within page html of my thankyou page i inserted the following script:

<script language="php">
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
    $mailto = "samy_71********.com";
    $mailsubj = "RSVP";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) { $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n"; }
    if (!eregi("\n",$HTTP_POST_VARS[email])) { mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead); }

- i inserted this script within the Inside Body Tag.
    - now when i preview my form page and click on the sbmit button of my form - it takes me to a page that says -Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

can anyone tell m what my problem may be?

Re: Form Help

First of all you are missing the last line of the script:

?>

Then, your problem is that the action of your form is NOT "thankyou.php" but "action.php" which does not exist and that's why you get the error message.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi sorri i tried changing the mistakes but im stil having trouble.
      would you be able to guide me step by step in setting up the rsvp form.
      Thankx

Comment

As you said, post this in the "inside body tag" of your action.php page's HTML, making sure to change the colored portion

<?PHP
        $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
        $mailto = "dmapillar********.com";
        $mailsubj = "Web Design Inquiry";
        $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
        reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
        $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
        while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
        {
        if ($key!="submit")
        {
        $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
        }
        }
        mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
        ?>

Did you set action of your form to action.php and the encoding type to multipart/form-data?

Comment

There are step by step, in a VERY analytic way, instructions, as well as guiding images, in the BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 . Just follow the instructions provided UNDER the multimedia presentation.

However, as i already said, the main problem is that the page that has the code (or at least should have it, i can't see it because it is php), is the page "thankyou". whilst in the form you have set the action to be "action.php". "action.php" is a file that does NOT exist on your site.

Open the thankyou page in BV. Save it as "action" and publish it. From that point on we will be able to see if there are further problems.

Make sure that the script you have in the page is EXACTLY the script from the tutorial (with the necessary changes)
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok i have sved the thankyou page as action and published it. I also double check and corrected the script. but i am still getting the error message - page cannot be found.

Comment

This is because you have made another mistake. You have used an Advanced button as Submit button. But, instead of making it "submit" you have made it "On click" and you have given it, as on click action, " www.cletabriansilverwedding.com/action.php " .

Change it, in BV, in simply "submit" and save / republish the form.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Thank You so much. It is finally working!!!
                now on to my guestbook.....would u happen to be as well versed with the guestbook too!!!

Comment

Working...
                X