X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font help

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone can help me
    I used a couple of fonts on my website that i downloaded off the internet - hence not everyone who visits my website will have the fonts on their computers and so my page opens up with messed up fonts.
    - is there any way to use the fonts and make them viewable to anyone who visits my page?

Re: Font help

In bv, design your page using the fancy fonts.

print your screen (there should be a key on your keyboard that has something like Prt Scrn on it)

Open Paint (you know, the one that comes with Windows)

Edit, Paste in Paint

Click on the Select tool on the left

Select the area of your text

Edit, Copy

File, New (say no if asked to save)

In the new doc, Edit, Paste

If you have to much unnecessary space, adjust

File, Save As....

Back in bv, use the image button to insert your text and position it

PS: you may have to experiment with the different formats (JPG, GIF, blah blah blah) to see which one give you the best quality.

I wish you the very best.

Comment

Is there any way to upload the fonts on the site or the server and have them work in that way?

Comment

I dont think there is anyway you can do that. The best thing for you to do, is just use the safe fonts. Either that, or do what is explained above.

Comment

Ok thankx

Comment

Just a note to say it's not adviseable to do your entire page as an image, perhaps just a header or logo. Search engines read the text on your page and your entire page of an image wouldn't do much for favorable results in this manner.

You are best to make your line of text in an image editing program,as Amadee and darklight suggest, and insert it as an image in your page of text ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

To play it safe with any visitor to your site, stick with fonts: arial, microsoft sans serif or helvetica. Every computer in the history of man has these fonts. Custom fonts, although they seem to look cool, will render your visitor into a state of "flip-the-channel" syndrome. (or otherwise known as "Leave"

Danny

Comment

Working...
              X