Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web site with Bell and mail with Vodahost ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web site with Bell and mail with Vodahost ?

Is it possble to do this :

Have website at mydomain.com and have the email with Vodahost.

The website is on Bell Canada server. But the email box are too small so i want to keep the website on Bell but have the email with Vodahost.

the email have to be kept has user@mydomain.com.

Is it possible ??

thanks for helping !!
    Luc

Re: Web site with Bell and mail with Vodahost ?

Originally posted by stjean
    Is it possble to do this :

Have website at mydomain.com and have the email with Vodahost.

The website is on Bell Canada server. But the email box are too small so i want to keep the website on Bell but have the email with Vodahost.

the email have to be kept has user@mydomain.com.

Is it possible ??

thanks for helping !!
    Luc
    NO....it is not possible as you asked.

VodaHost is not an ISP (Internet Service Provider) but is a Host Provider.
    You can have an email functionality enabled provided you have an account with VodaHost, and still choose to keep your domain where it is presently. You can even choose to have your present website to remain where it is also, but that would not allow you to "enable" your email utility at VodaHost >>> The email utility is only enabled when either a domain is associated with (transfer a domain to your VodaHost account) or DNS (domain name server) changes are made to "point" to a website hosted to the VodaHost account.....in either case, something must be at VodaHost to "action" and to have purpose for that email to be directed to that account.

You can simply leave your domain at the provider it is at simply, copy your website page files, and load them directly into your new VodaHost account via FTP method, make the DNS changes to redirect your domain, set up the email account, and hook up your Outlook to do email as you desire.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I know i have to have an account with VodaHost, no problem for that.

So if i understand your point it is feasable.

So i keep the website on bell and all the email adress on vodahost.

So www.mydomain.com is on bell server and userxxx@mydomain.com would be on Voda.

Thanks for your support !!
      St-Jean

Comment

No. All emails having @yourdomain.com will be sent to your Bell hosting account.

I beleive that the only solution for you if you don't want to have your site hosted in VH, would be to create an email account in your VH account, and have ALL emails that arrive to your Bell account, forwarded in your VH email address. This way, the Bell inbox will be kept always empty.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well there is a way to do this with the mx records and alias mail boxes but I dont believe voda host supports this, although in the mail set up is an area for entering mx records.

Godaddy and other places sell ALIAS email server space so that your dot com would go to a dot com mail box, and again this requires knowledge of the mx records forwarding of the mx records.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hello stjean,

i have a better solution for you, why don't you host your website with vodahost as well as host your email too at vodahost. that way both your problems are solved.

believe me you don't have to worry about webspace @ vodahost.

i hope you will make a wise decision.
            nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

That might not be an option for them. They could either have a package that includes their phones, internet, and website. Or they could be paying the people at Bell Canada to host and manag their website, so they can't move it. Or they could have a ASP of ColdFusion website, so they won't be able to move it to VodaHosts webspace. If they could just move it to webspace for cheaper and large webspace I wouldn't see why they wouldn't atleast have considered it, so Im guessing there is a reason why they can't move the website here.

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
              X