Set-Up File Hosting Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set-Up File Hosting Site

I'm looking for any information or help on setting up a file hosting website. I'm also willing to pay for services offered. Please reply here or email me at maxxapps******.com

Thanx

Re: Set-Up File Hosting Site

Like YouTube or something similar? Please be more exact on what you require.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Looking more for something like DivShare, MediaFire, or Rapidshare. But any suggestions about video sharing like YouTube would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

MaxxApps

Comment

Maxx,

I dont believe Voda allows for that kind of site on their hosting. But Herr General will be along with his reply shortly Im sure! The issue lays in the bandwidth, and the possible sharing of LICENSED files could get their server shut down. I think you are looking at renting your own SERVER for that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Excerpted from VodaHost Terms of Service:

Section 2
          Examples of Totally Unacceptable material:
          IRC Bots.
          Warez Sites.
          MP3's (unless You are the Artist).
          Sites that run any type of proxy script.
          Pirated Software.
          Hacked programs and archives

<and>

9) Resource Usage
          Users may not initiate the following:
          a) Use 5% or more of system resources (This included CPU and memory) There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc. If this clause is breached it will trigger an auto kill failsafe mechanism on the server which will auto suspend the violating account.
          b) Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are permitted.
          c) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
          d) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
          e) Offer services to third parties that are run off of VodaHost's servers.
          f) Run any gaming servers or games scripts for single or multi player games.
          g) Run an email server offering free or paid email accounts to the general public. Example: Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, GMail ,etc...
          H) Operate a online radio and or movie service that uses our servers.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Well, does anyone have any ideas where or how I could rent a server? Really wish I could use VodaHost... But, any info is much appreciated.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxApps
              Really wish I could use VodaHost... But, any info is much appreciated.. thanks
              What you are asking for is "co-location" or "managed server" ..... you might try starting HERE to compare various providers according to your desires.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Even a VPS would work until the site became more popular. To be perfectly honest, it would be really hard to compete with rapidshare and the larger file sharing websites, atleast at this point in time. Plus they run mainly on advertising money (like most websites that don't "sell" a product or service), the membership doesn't make up the bulk of their profits.

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                X