Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new web site =)

Hello all!

Well, my site is up and running and I am just continuing to add new items.

Stop by and let me know what you think... or if there are any problems I may have missed!

This is my first time building a site, so I'm not really very savvy... I realized after several pages published that I had my page a little off-center and not in the grid lines. But, it looks just fine to me anyway - both on my computer at work and at home. So, if my pages are cut off or anything on someone else's screen, please tell me!

My only concern is my link pages. since I used a Voda template, the pages are a bit short and wont fit many links. We all know all important exchanging lots of links is for better page ranking... so if anyone has come up with a good way to list more links on the short template pages, I'm all ears!

Here's my site:

www.hanalynn.com

Thanks to all who check it out! =)
    Julie S.
    Last edited by Sarah; 10-28-2005, 08:20 PM.
    www.hanalynn.com

Your website is really nice!!!!!!!!!! It has that personal touch ;) How did you do it with the shopping cart? i want to have the same for my website. I like all your accessories too, i am crazy about accessories ;) Well done and your webpage turns out fine on my screen ;)
    www.molekphotography.com

Comment

Thanks =)

Hiya -

Thanks for the nice words about my site. =)

As far as how I set up my shopping cart experience, it takes more work, but I literally create a new page for each piece of jewelry, and then I link each page to my "Necklace Shop" or "Bracelet Shop" or whatever appropriate page.

Then, for a "shopping cart", I used "Mal's e-commerce" for a simple setup with Paypal integration. With the way I set things up on my site, all I needed was the buttons and way to make payment, so I didn't need to use a full shopping cart with a whole store front or anything. Mal's is pretty popular and is easy to set up and customize... and free. =)

Thanks again for the compliments! I have new supplies coming in a couple of weeks and will have more pieces to put up... come back and check them out!=) =)

Julie S.
      www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Many people think they need a shopping cart and they don't. 9 times of 10
        simple PayPal integration works perfectly and is all they really need.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Your site is very very very nice! To tell you the truth, If I was into jewelry I would purchase from that site!

On very minor thing, Not even a problem... On the hompage http://www.hanalynn.com/index.html near the bottom center, There are two bonded phrases that are overlapping, "Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, and Copyright © 2005 Hana Lynn Jewelry."

Other than that minor thing, The site is fantastic, Great job!

Comment

Pictures load fast, page loads fast, navigations are in line. It's a really nice site. Makes it sooo much easier browsing and more tempting to BUY!!! Great job!

Keep it up!
            Ruth

http://www.okose.com
            Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind words! I appreciate you stopping by to check things out.

Thanks also for the notification of the little "glitch". Not sure why it's doing that on your screen (and maybe other people's screens) - it's not that way on mine at home or at work or on my husband's screen. It's not the first time I've had to fix things that I can't see on my end tho. I had to get my mom on the phone and then fix things that she saw on her screen that weren't right and publish over and over til she said they looked right on her screen. =P

Hopefully I can get it figured out. =)

Thanks again-
              Julie S.
              www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Hi SlodY =)

Will you please check my home page to see if the overlapping is fixed? I have reset my page guides and properties.

Thanks so much for pointing that out. =)

Before I adjust the rest of my pages to the same properties, I want to make sure it fixes the problem, and I couldn't see the overlapping on my screen for some reason.

Thanks =)
                Julie S.
                www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Wow!And you say you're a beginner at this web stuff!!??I thought it was completely professional and pretty damn awesome!An inspiration to a beginner like me still working on mine.Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie S.
                    Hi SlodY =)

Will you please check my home page to see if the overlapping is fixed? I have reset my page guides and properties.

Thanks so much for pointing that out. =)

Before I adjust the rest of my pages to the same properties, I want to make sure it fixes the problem, and I couldn't see the overlapping on my screen for some reason.

Thanks =)
                    Julie S.
                    I was just checking out your site and your text was overlapping on mine. Your jewelry is beautiful. Best of luck!

Comment

First of all... thanks for the compliments (blushing... )
                      =)

Secondly, OH DARN!

I have NO idea why it would be overlapping now. My page properties are set properly now and I have checked and rechecked that none of the text and/or image boxes touch each other.
                      =( =(

Where is the text overlapping please?

Anyone have any other ideas as to why this keeps happening when some people pull up my site? This is bad news to me, as I have been doing lots of marketing with adding my site to directories and doing link exchange requests... this may be why some requests have gone unanswered.

It is SO important to me that my site look professional and like it is handled by someone detailed. Who will want to buy my jewelry if it appears that I don't care about how my site lines up?

(So bummed right now.)

However, I'm SO glad this was brought to my attention again. Thank you very much... sincerely.

Now (Rolling up my sleeves)... where is the problem? =)

Julie S.
                      www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Julie,
                        On my computer the text overlaps on page one. It hangs way over the white frame.

I check my site on other computers on a regular basis. It may look ok on my computer but when someone else has different settings (and they all do) things look way different. I have made my fonts very small. I also have been working tables to insert text. Of course my brother the computer eng. has been giving me mini lessons.
                        I love feed back because I know what I see is not always what others see. Let me know if you ever see anything odd on my site. Thanks

Best of luck,
                        By the way your photos look great!
                        http://www.twelvebeads.com

First of all... thanks for the compliments (blushing... )
                        =)

Secondly, OH DARN!

I have NO idea why it would be overlapping now. My page properties are set properly now and I have checked and rechecked that none of the text and/or image boxes touch each other.
                        =( =(

Where is the text overlapping please?

Anyone have any other ideas as to why this keeps happening when some people pull up my site? This is bad news to me, as I have been doing lots of marketing with adding my site to directories and doing link exchange requests... this may be why some requests have gone unanswered.

It is SO important to me that my site look professional and like it is handled by someone detailed. Who will want to buy my jewelry if it appears that I don't care about how my site lines up?

(So bummed right now.)

However, I'm SO glad this was brought to my attention again. Thank you very much... sincerely.

Now (Rolling up my sleeves)... where is the problem? =)

Julie S.

Comment

A visit to your sight is refreshing. Congrats and best of luck. Prayer has helped all and beads add to the beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by cpbansal
                            A visit to your sight is refreshing. Congrats and best of luck. Prayer has helped all and beads add to the beauty.

Our friend Gwen is "TwelveBeads", and she is the one who has the lovely Prayer Beads site... she did a GREAT job.

Looks fantastic Gwen! =)

This thread was actually started by me (Julie S.), and I have a handcrafted jewelry web site... www.hanalynn.com.

Thanks for visiting the thread tho cpbansal. =) Best wishes to you!

Julie S.
                            www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Alignment

Our friend Gwen is "TwelveBeads", and she is the one who has the lovely Prayer Beads site... she did a GREAT job.

Looks fantastic Gwen! =)

This thread was actually started by me (Julie S.), and I have a handcrafted jewelry web site... www.hanalynn.com.

Thanks for visiting the thread tho cpbansal. =) Best wishes to you!

Julie S.
                              Julie,
                              There is a thread under bugs and problems on text alignment. Hope it helps!

Comment

Working...
                              X