Google rankings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google rankings?

Something strange and rather worrying has happened.

My site has just dropped out completly from google for the keyword 'Anxiety' This has always been on the second page in the last few months and now it has just gone. It seems like I am still on the first page for all the key phrases I used to be, so a bit less worrying.

Anyone any idea what has happened and if I need to worry?

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Site has completly gone from rankings?

Google are constantly updating their algorithms and index's so it could just be that there are other sites which are more relevent to the word than yours. Is your site still somewhere in the rankings for this word? If you're not sure there are ways you can check your ranking position for certain words. I'll see if i can find the program and post it here when i do.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

No Mook it has always moved a few places up and down, but it has completly gone, so it is nothing to do with other websites coming through.

Strange thing is, if you do a search for u.k only, it is still on the second page.

Its just like it has been sandboxed again. I have done nothing wrong as far as I can see.

Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

What are your awstats looking like? Are you still getting visitors via Google? What keywords/phrases are they using?

I wouldn't worry unless it was affecting the number of visitors you are getting. Google constantly changes what it is doing, and there is no point worrying about it too much. I've noticed odd things in the rankings this past few days, so they are probably having an upheaval again.

This is just one word - it may be you rank highly for others, or for combinations. Has your page ranking changed?

I used to get quite hung up about positioning of what I thought were my key words, but then I noticed that people used an amazing variety of searches to get to my sites, the traffic keeps going up, so gave up being concerned.
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

.co.uk websites are uk based websites o therefore would be more relevent and show up in google UK.

Don't know whether they are having problems or changing the way they rank as same happened to my freeresourcedirectory.com but has since gone back up to PR3. I'd say wait a couple of days and see if it comes back.

If you have been linking to other sites recently you also want to make sure none of them are blacklisted by Google as this could in turn affect you.
          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

What are your awstats looking like? Are you still getting visitors via Google? What keywords/phrases are they using?

I wouldn't worry unless it was affecting the number of visitors you are getting. Google constantly changes what it is doing, and there is no point worrying about it too much. I've noticed odd things in the rankings this past few days, so they are probably having an upheaval again.

This is just one word - it may be you rank highly for others, or for combinations. Has your page ranking changed?

I used to get quite hung up about positioning of what I thought were my key words, but then I noticed that people used an amazing variety of searches to get to my sites, the traffic keeps going up, so gave up being concerned.
            My stats are down a little, maybe 40 hits a day, nothing that I have not seen before or a real cause for concern, but not sure when I was dropped. Like you say nothing I can do so I will try not to worry, the trouble is I am wondering if it is something I have done.

It may change back in a couple of days, so I will be patient. All my page ranks are the same and I have only linked to one site recently, that is not banned.

Thanks Paul
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Re: Google rankings?

Well that's strange, two days later and I am back on the second page again.

Panic over, that's the last time I try and work google out.
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Your pages will do that from time to time - especially when they are moving others around. I never worry if it's temporary (under a week) - but do check to see where you drop to - and it could just be that for a couple days you were hitting a different Google center when you were checking - and not all of them will have you in exactly the same placement.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

How do you check what position a site is in Google.
                  Thanks

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
                  egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
                  Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

There are many ways - I have a software that allows me to put in various pages - and anytime I ask it to, it checks my status with the 3 major se's. You can also do this on many sites on line such as this one:
                    http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank`s for the link Bethers, although I am nearly afraid to try my site on it, I may get smoke coming out the back of the computer as it tries to put up all those numbers, I will be so far down.

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
                      egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com

Comment

Hey egar

Don't put all your cookies in one basket.

Yes google is the number one search engine and this is undenaible. Google is great for business. But check out your keywords in other Search engines as well. You might be doing better than you expect.
                        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi,
                          Google is the biggest search engine among the others.They upgrading their algorithms and indexs day by day.In my opinion you should present your site with quality and fresh keyword..

Keywords are important for the page rank also...
                          Home Contents Insurance

Comment

HelloIn an earlier post here Bethers gave me a link to check my sites position on Google, when I go to this site and try to create an account it asks for a Google API Key I followed the link on the form but there is a full page of these things, could someone take a look and tell me which heading do I click on to get this keyThanks
                            egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com

Comment

Does anyone know what percentage google has captured of the search engine market? I guess what really is behind my question is should one bother with other search engines at all? About 3 years ago a website designer suggested to me that one should submit to only 4. They were specific, included google and yahoo, and it was important in which order your site was submitted (and google was not first). I know a lot has moved on, but I am trying to find out as much as possible to build up a bit of knowledge in this minefield of a subject.
                              http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Working...
                              X