Subject headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject headers

I would like to put on my web site a list of short subject headers which people can select from, so when they double click on the header it will then show them a paragraph of text (which I have prepared) on the subject that have chosen to look at. Any idears on how to do it.

www.warfrain-tablets.co.uk

Re: Subject headers

The only way I can think of is using iframe’s, but its not very SE friendly.
    How much text are we talking about? The only reason I am thinking about the text, is that the SE’s wont see it if in a frame & it maybe important info for the SE’s to see & get you a higher ranking.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris, yes I did want the search engines to be able to read it, as I was going to use it to push up my ranking. I have just taken a look at your site which looks good, but I notice that you have different headers that people can click on, however it looks like you have created a new page for each header ?

John

www.warfarin-tablets.co.uk

Comment

John,
        yep making a new page and using a text link works jsut as you see.
        But you also could use a jpg as a header, title it and alt title it, and do a rollover to another jpeg. LIke a picture rollover. But I don't think that would help you to grow ranking....
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi, I think you will be better off just using a standard format of page for each item. I have started to set mine up so the top menu will always take you to an area of the site & the side menu, to the individual items/topics of that area. As for the SE’s, best thing is everything in the open for all to see & no cheating. You will always get found out, & then be in trouble. lol
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Why don't you just list all the header text at once, followed by the paragraphs for each in order. Then just make the headers all anchors and when they click it will move them down the page to where the paragraph is.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I think I will use the idea that Chris had,a standard page, because I know how to do that, then experiment with the other sugestions.
              Thanks John
              www.warfarin-tablets.co.uk

Comment

Or, you can use popup windows. Link each header to the page with the relevant text. It will appear in the popup. You can also use the same technique combined with anchors (bookmarks) and have a single page (with the bookmarks) for all your texts.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X