Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum Question

Hi,

I would like to know how to incorporate a forum just like this in a webpage-what software is this and also QUESTION 2 How do you upload pictures to your postings
    Lose the Weight

Re: forum Question

A forum is a different foundation than a webpage, and is not generally "inserted" onto a webpage proper. If you do an 'advanced search' on "forum, iframe" and list "AliensAnonymous," you should pull up some posts as to his method of combining the two successfully.....if I remember correctly. I know we discussed in in emails last week, but do not remember if he posted it....

This forum you see here is by vBulletin, which you can get to their website via the link at the bottom of this page. It's about $85/year, and under $200 for a permanent license. But, it is not "insertable" onto a web page.

>> Most Forums are published (contained) in their own directory alongside a website, and are simply "linked to" for access, since they are database-driven, unlike common web pages which are published format.

If you wish to have a web page with a forum "built-in" than I suggest you investigate Joomla, a web-builder and foundation available Free via Fantastico! in your VH cPanel..... Many have used Joomla to create knock-out websites, forums, blogs, and even CRM/CMS sites, and have even included a mixed function easliy and *****ly, due to Joomla's robust features and versatility. It is a wee bit more complicated than using say, Soholaunch (the web-builder eCommerce solution VH offers), but the Support Forum and open souce foundation allows incredible customization and creative possibilities.

LOL.....uploading pictures...you mean here in VodaTalk? Simply import your images onto a BV page, publish the page in some little corner of your account, and then when published, right-click on the image and COPY the Properties URL info, which you will paste into the dialog box that presents when you click on the little "picture" icon in the Reply area (it's between the Hyperlink and Wrap icons, next to Font Color).... you can always find out how to use the features of this Forum by entering FAQ at the top of every page!

Have a good night, my friend, I'm outta here!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The harder way (but a more seamless way) to do it would to create a forum template that matched your website. Although this is much more involved and will require you to know HTML as well as the abilty to use a program like Photoshop (or anything cabable of creating/editing images). But this will allow you to create a forum template that will match the rest of your site. You could probably buy a template that is close to the design of your website.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

LOL...

Learn to walk before entering the 100-yard dash ???
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

click the below....

phpBB forum tutorials about how to set up and configure your community with phpBB Forum

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by 1lear
            Hi,

I would like to know how to incorporate a forum just like this in a webpage-what software is this and also QUESTION 2 How do you upload pictures to your postings
            To upload a pic into a post, just click the paper clip thingy in the toolbar when creating a new message, no need to do the silly **** of making a new page and publishing and all that as suggested earlier. If you mean you'd like to put a pic next to your name like many of us have, just look for the link above marked "User CP", click it and go to 'edit avatar'. From there, you can upload your own graphic.

To install a forum on your account, just log into your Cpanel, click the big blue smiley face marked Fantastico and look on the left side of the page until you see phpBB. Click that, follow the directions to install and you've got yourself a forum. You'll have more work to do on it later, and you can learn lots by following the link ***** posted and reading this forum: click here
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X