Adding music selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding music selections

Hi! Can someone give me the best way of adding music to my site? I have a CD to sell, and want my customers to be able to listen to 3 different selections from the CD prior to ordering.

I've tried creating a separate page for each song, accessed through a hyperlink through the song's title. I added the music on the new page, using the page's background properties. It worked, but when I tested it (by accessing the site 'live'), it literally took almost half an hour for the page to load!

I've tried adding all 3 songs onto the main page; first got stuck in the "publishing timeout". Figured out the workaround to that problem and got it to publish finally (took a solid hour!), but again, when I went to test it, it took forever for the page to load (though it appeared the holdup was the pics on the page, and not the music--?!?!? And yes, the pix have been resized using Pixresizer)

I've also tried creating a separate page for each song, accessed through a hyperlink through the song's title. Instead of adding the music to the background properties of the new page, I simply added a Windows Media file. This worked somewhat: didn't take as long for the page to publish, nor load 'live'; however, when I tried to listen to the song, it was "choppy". I tried refreshing (F5) the page numerous times; it helped, but not totally (and I think the problem is that even though the info line at the bottom of the screen said "done", I don't think that it truly was done loading, even after 15 minutes). (for an example: www.pawsngoenterprises.com/memorymakin

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't care how long it takes me to actually publish, but I definitely can't have pages taking eons to load; otherwise, I won't have any customers left!

FYI: the song files have been in a .wav format; I've tried MP3's, and can't get them to work at all. (which would seem to indicate that BV doesn't allow MP3's?)

If you check out the site, be advised not all pages are published yet, so some links may not be working properly.

Any help that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
    jodest73
    Believe and you will achieve!

the best thing to do is upload the song to the server and create a dowload link.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah
      the best thing to do is upload the song to the server and create a dowload link.
      OK. I should probably know how to do this, but...could you possibly give me step-by-step instructions or point me to the correct tutorial? (I've looked through them all, I think).

BTW--thanks for all your help in getting my account set up and active! BV's customer service is second to none as far as I'm concerned!

Regards,
      jodest73/Johna Strader

Comment

ok lets take this one step at a time

1) Uplaod the file to your public_html folder using BlueFTP. watch the below tutorial
        to learn more about BlueFTP

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/ftp...da_blueftp.htm

2) create a dwonload hyperlink on your website like the below

http://www.YourDomain/FileName.extension

Replace the above FileName.extension with the actual file name such as

Iloverockandroll.mpg or
        Iloverockandroll.wmv or whatwever the extension
        might be.

As soon as somebody clicks on the above link. it will start an instant download.

And thats how its done:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

What is my public_html folder? I need to do this too. Thank you. x

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah
            ok lets take this one step at a time

1) Uplaod the file to your public_html folder using BlueFTP. watch the below tutorial
            to learn more about BlueFTP

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/ftp...da_blueftp.htm

2) create a dwonload hyperlink on your website like the below

http://www.YourDomain/FileName.extension

Replace the above FileName.extension with the actual file name such as

Iloverockandroll.mpg or
            Iloverockandroll.wmv or whatwever the extension
            might be.

As soon as somebody clicks on the above link. it will start an instant download.

And thats how its done:)
            Thank you Sarah!! You are the BEST!

Comment

Originally posted by subi
              What is my public_html folder? I need to do this too. Thank you. x
              Your public_html folder is the folder on the server that you publish and upload everthing to.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X