Re-build site with VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-build site with VB

I have a site that is hosted here that was constructed with DREAMWEAVER, I re-build the site with BLUE VODA and now i want to overwrite the 1 that was built with DW. and replace with BV.
    here is the site: www.daiquiriking.com Can some 1 please let me know if possible ,direct me to some information that would get me on line with new site.

Oh! My web name is register at GD. com thanks for all reply.

Re: Re-build site with VB

Have you published the site on another domain or just built it in BV?
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Originally posted by Mook25
      Have you published the site on another domain or just built it in BV?
      No it is published here at vodahost.Just the name is register at go daddy.
      www.daiquiriking.com

Comment

Simple.
        Using the same process I gave you to load your VodaHost account with your Dream site (that used to be at GD), you will do this now in reverse: you will copy your dream sites to your computer HD in a folder to preserve them via the FTP tool in your VodaHost Control Panel.

Go Here and log in to your Control Panel.
        Click on the File Manager icon ....
        Drill in to find your public_html directory where you Dreamweaver site is now published...
        One by one COPY TO each file to your computer's hard drive, saving them to the folder you have prepared...
        Once you have archived each item (and each item within each Dream sub-folder), you can delete them...being doubly sure they have in fact been archived....then EXIT File Manager, and your Control Panel....
        Publish your BV site (using the Publish function in BV -- never via FTP), beginning with your index page (so you will have something up from the get-go.....

If you ever have need, you can always re-publish your Dream site (since it is intact in your folder), but you should find the versatility and outstanding features in BV to keep you busy for quite a time!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

An after thought, based on how confused you seemed in the other thread:

If you have not moved your website from GD, and have merely built a new one using Blue Voda in the meantime, and are now ready to publish it......

1. You will need a VodaHost Account..... go here to get one
          2. Once you have your VodaHost Account Confirmation email, you should make your DNS (domain name server) changes first at GD (it will take some time for them to be done, and in the meantime you can make progress at VodaHost).... go here to learn how to do this
          3. Publish your Blue Voda created website, starting with your index page, always by using the PUBLISH icon inside Blue Voda (never attempt to publish using FTP).

As soon as the DNS changes take effect (usually between 20 minutes and 3 hours), you will see your new BV website live online!

You can leave everything at GD since you should have already "archived" your Dream site, and have made the DNS changes which will now "point" to your BV website at VodaHost. How simple was that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
            Simple.
            Using the same process I gave you to load your VodaHost account with your Dream site (that used to be at GD), you will do this now in reverse: you will copy your dream sites to your computer HD in a folder to preserve them via the FTP tool in your VodaHost Control Panel.

Go Here and log in to your Control Panel.
            Click on the File Manager icon ....
            Drill in to find your public_html directory where you Dreamweaver site is now published...
            One by one COPY TO each file to your computer's hard drive, saving them to the folder you have prepared...
            Once you have archived each item (and each item within each Dream sub-folder), you can delete them...being doubly sure they have in fact been archived....then EXIT File Manager, and your Control Panel....
            Publish your BV site (using the Publish function in BV -- never via FTP), beginning with your index page (so you will have something up from the get-go.....

If you ever have need, you can always re-publish your Dream site (since it is intact in your folder), but you should find the versatility and outstanding features in BV to keep you busy for quite a time!
            Thanks Vasili, you da man i will follow the instructions. You guys here are the best..

Comment

LOL !
              You're very welcome, my friend!

Just remember to return the favor someday to one of your fellow peers here in VodaTalk when you can....keep the ball rolling so to speak?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                LOL !
                You're very welcome, my friend!

Just remember to return the favor someday to one of your fellow peers here in VodaTalk when you can....keep the ball rolling so to speak?
                I will, I shall,I have to am geting the experience but I will soon take that ball and start rolling it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                X