Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few changes, What do you think?

Hello all

I have been sidetracked for a while and hadn't done too much to my site. I was also having problems logging into the forum but Vodahost came to my rescue.

Anyway I have changed a few things in relation to Nav bars and added a few pages.

If you all have some spare time can you have a look and see if it looks okay and if theres any glaring errors ie spelling, links or S.E.O.

I'm quite happy because I've made enough through Adsense to cover another years subscription with Blue Voda. (Yeeha) Thanks to all that have helped me along the way.

Be honest and criticise where needed.

Thanks
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Re: A few changes, What do you think?

Hi Phil, very nice.
    Just one thing, in your home page in the menu bar you do not have the one for home ( you have 15 navigation b...) , I understand why, but in all the other pages you have ( 16 navigation ...) in the menu bar the page the viewer is currently looking at.
    I know why you have done that, because in this way the menu bar and page with the fade effect will make transition of the page more smooth.
    If you want to that, then add home menu bar in your home page, it is ok it will not look strange.
    Nice site, GREAT JOB!
    Alas

Comment

Alas is right, overall good job. My dad would love your site.
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi,
        your contact page (to which the link on your home page is too obscure) is not centered.
        http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Hi, site looks fine. Only a personal thing. But the menu buttons are made to go on white backgrounds. May be worth a try of placing a white shape or a table with a white background behind them to see what it looks like.
          Also you can make your pages load 2-3 times quicker if you reduced you images in kb’s.
          Have a look through the image/photo tips link below. This image http://www.golftrainingcentral.com/D...20x%20648).jpg should be around 18 kb with a good name so visitors can find you in the SE’s. At the mo! its about 91kb with a none descript name.
          You won’t notice the slow loading as it’s caught in your cache. But new visitors will.
          All of this is not major, but every bit helps.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Chris I used the pixel resizer I downloaded from BV. I'm not sure what other programm I could use to lower the kbs.

Comment

Hi, what’s needed now is to physically reduce the images sizes & not use the handles on the side of the image to make them smaller. When using pixresizer you may have had the reduction set to 100%? What happens then, is the KB’s only are reduced but not the size. (Which is good) But reducing the size will further help to remove even more KB’s. These combined images were just over 300kb they should be now around 45KB’s after physical resizing. Once you have got the physical size down you can also send them to this web page & see if the can be pushed even further. http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/

Have a look at the image/photo tips below.

Good luck.

----
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, since there are so much of text on your page to read, it would be nice to have a cooler pastel colour for your background instead of the glaring green tone that you have now.

I would suggest you select a different set of buttons to add depth to your page which is flat. Talking about depth you could first add a background and then layer the background with the rest that you have now on your page.

It is a page that will have problem asking a surfer to stay longer and prevent them from surfing away to another site. It has no holding power.

Abu.

ID. 10403
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks Chris and Abu

Firstly how do you reduce the size in pixresizer or do I have to purchase a photo editor?

Abu how do I add a background and where can I locate a suitable one? I understand what you are saying about holding power and depth but I wanted a site based on information for beginner golfers. I don't want a flash site with heaps of banners. I wanted to supply beginners with relevent inforamtion. Does anyone have any tips on other methods to hold the viewer at the site?????

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Hi Phil, when you are reducing a photo in PIXresizer you will see the custom size will have the black dot in it by default. When you have loaded your 1st image into the program the 5 check boxes above this will show you what alternatives you can have as a size for that image. Click on one of these & press save picture.
                    Note: it is usually best to have the maintain aspect checked to save the picture getting distorted.

Cheers.
                    PS. you should have MS picture manager on your machine that will do a real good & quick job on resizing/correcting/croping/rotating/ with most images. I find you can get a little bit more out of the image with this.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris

Your help is very much appreciated.

Comment

Looks really good Phil, nice and neat ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Lady Eye

It took me a while to respond but I appreciate your comments.

Comment

Hi Phil, Looks really good to me. Slick. Professional.
                            Tony www.auto-lotto-wins.com

Comment

Working...
                            X