Form Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Security

Hi there. I was wondering how I was able to create a form in which the information that was submitted was able to be submitted securely. I have a pre-approval form set up in which a potential customer would be entering in a social security number along with a date of birth and I need to find a way to have this information submitted safely and securely.

Re: Form Security

I am not sure what you mean "submitted securely". Unless you get a SSL certificate, there can be no safe transmission.

Please note that, after the info has been submitted, it is emailed to you. Email transmission is NOT safe. The usual procedure in these cases is database storing or public key encryption.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

How would I go about getting an SSL certificate? And what other options do I have about getting this information other than sending it to an email? I'm still new to the website building so you'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge.

Comment

You have to purchase a dedicated ip and most likely your ssl from Vodahost as well, and then set up a database and have the form submit to a database instead of an email.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X