PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help me install a 3rd party script please?

Windameer Farm
05-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Hello,

THe script I'm trying to insall is a member script. or data bace i'm not sure . I went in and changed everything I saw that said yourdomain.com. But i can't same to get to it. Any help would be wonderful.

Jolen

Karen Mac
05-17-2007, 11:06 PM
It looks like you are trying to install a forum, im not sure but i think it needs to be in a subdomain to work correctly in this instance.

Karen

Windameer Farm
05-17-2007, 11:53 PM
It looks like you are trying to install a forum, im not sure but i think it needs to be in a subdomain to work correctly in this instance.

Karen
Yes Karen it's a registry form.

So i need the files in my public_html folder?

I have it in a sudomain where i intended useing it.

Jolen

Karen Mac
05-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Yes it needs to be in the subdomain in the public html folder. If you put it elsewhere then you will have issues. Also make sure you have the correct path to the subdomain and read the instructions to insure you have made the database, and added a user to it and this program has access to it. This would be done in mysql.

Karen

Windameer Farm
05-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Yes it needs to be in the subdomain in the public html folder. If you put it elsewhere then you will have issues. Also make sure you have the correct path to the subdomain and read the instructions to insure you have made the database, and added a user to it and this program has access to it. This would be done in mysql.

Karen

OK Thank you Karen. I'll let you know how it goes for me. to get instructions I had to message where i got it from. Looks like this will take me a little bit of time

Jolen

Windameer Farm
05-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Karen,

Can You Please tell me what this means. I don't understand how you set it if there in the same place.

File Permissions

Scripts run under user click here (http://www.bytesinteractive.com/sqlquickregister5.0_doc/permissions_user.htm)
Scripts run under the userid of the web server: click here (http://www.bytesinteractive.com/sqlquickregister5.0_doc/permissions_web.htm)