Setting up e-mail login on webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up e-mail login on webpage

How is this done? I have looked for tutorials and posts on it and couldnt find it in my welcome mail. I wanted to be able to set up an e-mail login on my webpage for users to log in to webmail from. Can this be done? and how?

Re: Setting up e-mail login on webpage

Yes, it can be done, heres the info you will need.

Set the action to: "http://www.yoursite.com:2095/login" (I beleive that is the correct link, its been a couple years since I have made one of these forms, so I don't have a copy to check on anymore).

You will need two fields for the form, the username and password

Set the name for the username field to "user"
    Set the name for the password field to "pass"

So the html should be like...

<form action="http://www.yoursite.com:2095/login" method="POST">
    Username: <input type="text" name="user" /><br />
    Password: <input type="password" name="pass" /><br />
    <input type="submit" value="Login" />
    </form>

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Setting up e-mail login on webpage

when you say action what do you mean?

Comment

When you create a form there is a "action". It is where the form goes when you submit it.

If you are using bluevoda right click on the form and its one of the buttons at the bottom. Someone who uses BV might come along and tell you exactly how to edit the form action.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Simply create a link from one of your pages, to http://www.yoursite.com/webmail

Then the user will be asked to provide his email address and his password
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            Simply create a link from one of your pages, to http://www.yoursite.com/webmail

Then the user will be asked to provide his email address and his password
            This worked for me. However, is there a way to make it go directly to the webmail without clicking horde, then clicking login again?

Comment

I beleive not.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, I tried Wadaflip's method, but 1. it would not accept "pass" as password.
                Also, I assume you meant that one should enter that address ...2095/login, which is what I did.

??
                www.MaravillaMountain.com

Comment

best thing you do, use xoops CMS and use webmailfx. you would love .its not the best one but ok, better then horde.i can't find and CMS where you can use webmail like stuff,there are some webmails on Drupal but nothing for current version.
                  i am planning to get email hosting or if someone can make a software for me to check email like yahho or msn.
                  i mean to integrate webmail/horde with website.
                  hope it will help.i tried so many things on horde nothing worked.

Comment

Working...
                  X