Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing option fields / HTML

Hello all,

I would like to edit the option field for a Paypal drop down list. The standard list allows for 10 options. I would like to add more. This will be the "choose a fragrance" list.

The instructions on the Paypal site explain that the list can be edited by hand (if you know how to write HTML).

I don't know how to write HTML. Does anyone know of a way to convert text into HTML?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Re: Editing option fields / HTML

Have a look at the code of the form. You will see that there is something like

<select name="Optionsselect" size="1">
    <option value="red">red</option>
    <option value="blue">blue</option>
    <option value="yellow">yellow</option>
    </select>

where red, blue and yellow are the option values. Add more lines like those, BEFORE the </select>

Just add, at this point, more option lines
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you General!

OK, I will give it a try.

Wish me luck!
      Vicki

Comment

Wow, that wasn't so bad and it worked! Can't thank you enough, my friend. Have a great day!
        Vicki

Comment

Where can I find this "paypal drop down list" button to install on my site?

supertprinting.com

Supert

Comment

I dont have BV open but you can customize yoru tool bar to show the paypal fields and or open INSERT, I think its advance and they are there too.. click those on the lower part of that its in one of them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I can get the standard paypal buttons from BV, but I would like to get the button referenced in the first post:

"I would like to edit the option field for a Paypal drop down list. The standard list allows for 10 options"

None of the standard buttons included with BV have an "option field for a Paypal drop down list"

The way I have done it on my site is rather cumbersome - I know there is a better way.

Take a look at http://www.moabshirts.com/moabtrailspurchase.html the other purchase pages have the same format.

If you have a different suggestion for how to do that I am quite willing to take it! Also, if you want to comment on the site I will listen.

Steve
              www.moabshirts.com

Comment

The original post is NOT reffering to a dropdown in BV. It is reffering to the options that PayPal allows when you create your "Buy Now" buttons.
                When you go there to create a button, PayPal will provide a code that you will then copy and paste in your site. In that code, you will see that there are options. Since PayPal allows only ten options, the original poster asked how he can add more.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay, I figured out how to create a drop down button through paypal. How can I place it on the page next to my item picture?

I go to page html, and have tried each of the six options and it always ends up at the upper left corner of my page.

Thanks

Supert

Comment

Don't paste it in the page html. Drag a html box in your page, paste the code in it, than you can move the html box wherever you like it to be in your page.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you so much! I actually just ran across that option and came back here to say I figured it out!

I may actually be getting the hang of this stuff.

Thanks again.

Supert

Comment

Working...
                      X