Advertising a website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising a website

I have just come accross a website called communityadvertising.org, it seems you can place an ad for a website there by putting a link for that site on yours. Does anyone know anything about this site and would it be a good idea or not to do this. Are there any other sites of this type,or other ways to abvertise worth looking at.
    Thank`s

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
    egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
    Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Re: Advertising a website

Hi, there are many 1000’s of this type of site out there. As good practice you are better off with a site just linking to you & any site that is linked should really be relevant to the content of the page you or they are linking to. IE: not such good points with the SE’s for an online **** shop linking to a nuclear physics university site.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank`s for the reply Chris
      I figured it was not a good idea myself so I felt some expert advice from here was needed. Is one to one linking the only publicity of that type you would recomend.

P.S. Sorry for posting in the wrong place originally
      egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
      Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Hi, not quite the full rules of linking, but having links on other sites is fine. But having links on sites that are related to your site is a lot better. And having links from another site to you & you not having a link back is even better still in the SE’s eyes. I believe the SE’s look at it in the way, that if someone wants to link to your site & you haven’t a link back your site must be quite good & gain an extra point or 2 in the rankings.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X