publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing

I was having a problem publishing a site. I beleive a problem with the file I was trying to upload. I deleted the site however when trying to publish a new site it continues to try and upload the files that I deleted. Any help? Thanks
    jrlgtwt@msn.com

Re: publishing

it continues to try and upload the files that I deleted
    Please explain again, I dont understand your issue, how is it trying to upload files you deleted?????

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm not sure. I deleted a movie file however when I publish it tries to upload that file

Comment

How do you kno it is trying to uplaod that particular file???? Try deleting and rcreating the page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There is a slight chance that you may be right. If you had used the File Publisher tool in BV in your old page, and then you created another page (even with another name) starting from the old one, BV will still try to upload that file, even if you have changed the content of the page. If this is the case, open File Publisher and delete the file that was intended for upload together with the page code.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

do u mean file manager in control panel?

Comment

I know that it is trying to upload the file because when i push publish I am watching what file it is trying to upload

Comment

Originally posted by jrlgtwt@msn.com
                do u mean file manager in control panel?
                No, i mean the File Publisher Toll in BV. BV has a tool that allowes to specify files that are necessary for the specific page to work. It is in the same toolbar as the Html, Inline Frame, WMP, flash, Quick Time etc tools.

This tool lets you specify a file to upload at the moment of publishing and it will upload it automatically so you don't need to manually upload it your self. Very usefull if, in example, you have a link in your page to some PDF file:t he PDF wil be automatically uploaded.

So if you had ever used it, and then you went on creating ther pages using the Save as, this tool might still be active in your page, so it tries to upload the file each time you publish.

You can do the following. Open the problematic page in BV. Then open a brand new page. Select the objects you want. Copy them and paste them in the new page, using the Paste command in the Upper toolbar (this allows the objects to be placed in the same position, in the new page, as they were in the old page). When you are done with all the objects you want, close the original page, and save the new one with the same name, which will overwritr the old. Publish and see how it behaves.

You may also try to have a look at the name of file that BV tries to upload and see what file that is.

Also look in your page to see if by any case you have forgoten some media player or flash or quick time etc object somewhere in your page. If you do have such an object in your page, even if you have deleted the file itself, the program will be still looking for, trying to upload the file.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think that there maybe a media player or etc on the page because it tries to upload the file in many pages that I am trying to upload. I have just cloned the same page and added things to it. Is there a way that I can delete all the files and pages and start fresh.

Comment

No need to start over. Follow these steps:

1. Check if by any case you have set a mucic file in the page background properties. If it is so, just delete the file name from the relevant field.

2. If the file is not in the page background, do this simple operation: save one of your pages with another name (so you will be working on it, not on the original). Start deleting all items (pics, text, shapes etc) one by one (do NOT select simultaneously many objects), by clicking on them (do NOT surround the object to select it, just click it). Repeat for all. When done, the page will (at least apparently) seem empty . Click on View, Object Outlines. Scroll the whole page right to left and top to bottom, to see if any object appears. It might be necessary to increase, in page properties, the page width and lenght, because this object (which might be a media player) might be outside these limits and thus out of sight.
                    When you have spotted it, delete it. For the next pages, now that you know where it is, go straight and delete it.
                    You might as well go on and start from this "search" instead of deleting the items.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

[quote=navaldesign]No, i mean the File Publisher Toll in BV. BV has a tool that allowes to specify files that are necessary for the specific page to work. It is in the same toolbar as the Html, Inline Frame, WMP, flash, Quick Time etc tools.

I'm wondering if this is what I have to do to get my new marquee at top of page to work. I created it after upgrading to 9.1 version, saved page as index.html, use Verify Tool to check links, then Published. It come out fine when I "view in browser" but not on the internet.

Also, it doesn't seem like the pages publish immediately after I make changes or edit the page, but rather the next day. Is this the norm? Thanks in advance
                      Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
                      Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

Originally posted by pristinelife
                        I'm wondering if this is what I have to do to get my new marquee at top of page to work. I created it after upgrading to 9.1 version, saved page as index.html, use Verify Tool to check links, then Published. It come out fine when I "view in browser" but not on the internet.

Also, it doesn't seem like the pages publish immediately after I make changes or edit the page, but rather the next day. Is this the norm? Thanks in advance
                        No, the marquee is part of the html code and there is no need to upload any other file to make it work. Please provide a link to the problematic page.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                          No, the marquee is part of the html code and there is no need to upload any other file to make it work. Please provide a link to the problematic page.
                          The link is my homepage on my signature tag. http://ourjourneytolife.com
                          Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html

Comment

If the marquee is "And now i ask, "where do YOU go ...." etc., it is working perfectly.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                              If the marquee is "And now i ask, "where do YOU go ...." etc., it is working perfectly.
                              No it isn't, sorry, I'm so new at webpage creating that I'm not quite familar with BV's terminology, it's the Logo on top that says, "Where's Your Life Taking You", but I just clicked on the site and it's mysteriously working now. Now this is something I don't understand. Before I first posted, it was NOT there, and now it is. I made and published this Logo several days ago. Are there perhaps, "BlueVoda Gremlin Angels" working in the background? Seems like everytime I ask a question on this forum on how to do this or that, it's fixed, and it wasn't by me.

If so, keep up the good work as I need all the help I can get and thanks in advance. Being still a "newbie webdesigner/page maker" I often think that I "forgot" what I did before when adding a new page or editing one. I love you folks here at BlueVoda. Thanks again for your patience with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X