Macromedia Flash - advice needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macromedia Flash - advice needed...

Hey folks... how is everyone this Monday morning??

A week ago now, I received my Macromedia Suite and have been losing sleep messing with the several different programs. It's been great but I came here to see if I could get some help.

Before we jump to conclusion, I have done several searches and found some info but not enough. The real problem I'm having is that almost every single thread or help topic I find online only answers about 70% of my problems... yet they don't add up when I put them together. :(

So, here's the scoop. I have these video files... AVI. I used the Flash encoder to create .FLV files. cool! So, now I went ahead and put this into Flash and I can't figure out how the heck to make playback controls.

I already know I can't do it in BV and I wasn't asking about that. For whatever reason, I haven't been able to find any tutorials or answers on how to put in playback controls in Flash. I found something that said I needed to open my library and choose the symbol for "Play"... where is it???

I know that I'm basically getting to what will likely be an answer for something that might be in the manual someplace... but there's so much out there and I'm exhausted. Heck, It's 4am local time for me and I have been trying to figure this out since about 11pm last night. There were breaks in between, but my luck has been awful trying to create a flash file (.SWF) that I can upload to my website that includes the playback controls.

I was able to create the video .SWF files and upload them set to autoplay, but I can't seem to figure out how to create or set up the controls.

I found a Dreamweaver tutorial that helped me add controls, but I didn't know which TYPE of application to open (ie - HTML, PHP, XML, etc) and I didn't do it right somehow. I got the controls to show up, but I couldn't export the video. :(

Someone please save me!!!!!!

Thanks!
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Macromedia Flash - advice needed...

I am no expert but I have to struggled with getting to grips with FLASH and it is certainly not simple. There are a number of publications available and it helps to quiz someone who knows what they are doing if they don't mind when you over do it . I found this useful albeit maybe too basic for your needs .http://www.templatemonster.com/help/10/53

I hope it is of some assistance because I know just what you are going through!

Comment

Just to add to my own thread, the problem I have is the fact that I made the mistake of purchasing the macromedia studio and now I found this cheap cheap software called Flash Video MX 3.5 by Moyea (which I found on my own before I found here) and I really don't wanna have to pay extra $$$ for this. That FV MX is PERFECT for what I need...

I feel like an idiot now, because I figured the Macromedia would be easier and give me more options. Well, it might give me more options, but it sure ain't easier. :(
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Originally posted by djw
        I am no expert but I have to struggled with getting to grips with FLASH and it is certainly not simple. There are a number of publications available and it helps to quiz someone who knows what they are doing if they don't mind when you over do it . I found this useful albeit maybe too basic for your needs .http://www.templatemonster.com/help/10/53

I hope it is of some assistance because I know just what you are going through!
        Thanks for the link... it's kinda funny because every "help" tutorial I find seems like it's telling me a completely different way to do this. :)

I'll give this a try and see if it works! (fingers crossed).
        George
        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
        X