Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply to all pages feature wanted!

Hello =)

I have a suggestion that would make things MUCH easier.

I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this or not, but I haven't seen one.

I think you should add a button or something where when you change something on your index page (adding a new button to the navigation bar, for instance), you can just click a button to apply that change to all pages. Page Properties as well. Then, if you want one page to have different page properties than the rest for some reason, you can just go to that particular page and change it on that page only.

I find it extremely tedious to have to add a navigation button to every single page on my site. Also, to have to add the keywords and meta tags to every single page is a bit much.

We should have a little "Apply to All Pages" button! =)

Just a thought! Not sure how difficult or easy a feature like that would be.

Julie S.
    www.hanalynn.com

Re: Apply to all pages feature wanted!

Not only an "Apply to All" but a publish all as well.
    “…Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed …” Rev. 5:5

Comment

Yes, exactly! =) That way if you just need to add a button to your navigation bar, you can add it to all pages at once and then publish all pages at once.

That would be great! =) Good thinkin'...
      www.hanalynn.com

Comment

How about using inline frames? That's the way to go to implement 'master borders'.
        'Apply to All' is not something that can be easily implemented (if at all possible).
        Unfortuntely I can't posted examples to this forum otherwise it would be a lot easier to explain how to do it. Maybe ***** can update his tutorials on this subject?
        Last edited by Pablo; 12-07-2005, 03:15 PM.
        Forum Moderator
        BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Is what you describe the same as css sites???
          Sounds like it
          Liz

Comment

a nice technique i use is to hold ctrl, click on the things i want on other pages, then copy and paste into each page it's quite simple and effective.

for example i created my own template with all buttons created but with no pictures or text i copied them into new blank pages et voila! i had created a template which was applied to all pages (including the buttons.)

Comment

The way to go is definetly i-frames. Using a template is useful for the main layout of the page, but doesn't let you update all pages at once. If you have a 50 - 60 pages site and you have to modify your menubar, you must manually update and republish all pages, so even by copying and pasting that becomes a lot of work. If you create your template with the iframe in it, you just edit and publish the menu page. All the other pages will "drag" the new menu. The same goes for headers and footers. I should also add that even if that was possible, i don't know if it would be desirable. In fact, no site can have ALL pages with the same layout, unless it is a small one. Different requirements through the site pages call for different layouts. So an "Apply to All Pages" feature would affect also pages that shouldn't be modified.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Try to use inline frames for this... =)

Comment

Hi iam new to bluevoda but i already like it. I have a search engine script and i want to apply it to my work in Bluevoda... How do i go about it?

Thanx for the support in advance
                  Rato

Comment

Usually you will paste the script code in a html box in your page. A good advise: make the box same size as the actual search box, so it will be of guidance to the actual page layout.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                      The way to go is definetly i-frames. If you create your template with the iframe in it, you just edit and publish the menu page. All the other pages will "drag" the new menu.
                      Hi ND, Is there a post where this has already been explained? I dont understand iframes specifically in using them to make changes on multiple pages. What if I am not using a template? By menu page do you mean the index or main page? Ok, I just went to play with it a bit. I made a blank page and filled it with an Iframe then put the index link in it. Is this what you are saying?

Thanks,
                      Randy
                      www.industrialsuppliesandservices.com

Comment

Try this post - I set up my menus from this!

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...i-frame-2.html
                        Trish
                        www.Limebrook.com
                        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...light=php+menu

This is the easiest way I have found !
                          Liz
                          www.sebastopolparty.com
                          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Wow, thanks so much you guys(girls). Great stuff. The more I use BV the more I like it.

My question would be.....which method is better.
                            1) The no iframe method publishing in PHP or.......
                            2)The iframe method

Thanks much,
                            Randy

Also, I dont know what CSS is. Is there a thread that talks about that and it's applications
                            www.industrialsuppliesandservices.com

Comment

Go for the php method.

Use Iframes when what you need to do cannot be done in other ways (like varable content in a page, using links that open in the frame)
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X