Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first page

Hi,

I have published my first page. On my screen everything is fine, but on my friends screen there is some overlaping beetwen text and photo. I didn't use template, just a header. Since I have articles with lots of pictures I am a little bit affraid what will it look like. So I have some questions:
    - Is template a must?
    - What is the best way to make an article with photos?

Here is my page
    http://www.slodental.com
    www.photosc.blogspot.com
    www.slodental.com

very attractive but your hyperlinks dont work.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

thanx. I have published only this page not the completet site. I have some "little" things to do yet but this "little" things are costs me a lot of nerves.
      www.photosc.blogspot.com
      www.slodental.com

Comment

hello

Originally posted by satneC
        Hi,

thanx. I have published only this page not the completet site. I have some "little" things to do yet but this "little" things are costs me a lot of nerves.
        I haven't been contributing to this forum as much as I would like to, I am just to busy. But before you take another step in erecting your website. Do not publish pages with broken links search engines hate it. I also noticed you have a horizontal scroll bar, try a make the width of your page smaller say 800 wide. The reason for making it 750-800 wide is so your page is viewable to everyone including 14" laptops. Also people hate the horizontal scroll bar. But hey its not all bad, I am just trying to help. I went through the same problems. pet121

Comment

Hi pet121,

thank you for yor comment. I didin't no that about links. I hope teh site with complete links will be published this week. About horizontal scroll bar and page size. At first I didn't want white space arround my template. Then I went for it and I want this white space to be as small as possibille. I took a little bit of gamble. I can't make it to suite everybody so I made it this way.
          www.photosc.blogspot.com
          www.slodental.com

Comment

Hiya! =)

Your site looks fine on my screen too, but I have a 19" screen. You've done a nice job!

However, I know that your friend saw overlapping text on your photo due to your page size. I had the same problem. Since my screen is 19" and at 1024x768 , I didn't see any problems. However, I heard from friends and family that text was overlapping and not laid out properly. So, I went ahead and changed my screen to 798 wide and followed the guide layout size very tightly, and the text doesn't overlap or anything on smaller screens anymore.

You don't have to have white space on the sides of your page like the Blue Voda site. You can change your background color to match your page color so that it looks like one big page and still have an 800 or less page size so that all of that wonderful work you've done on your site doesn't look "out of whack" on smaller screens. Many people still seem to use 800 x 600 screen resolution, so it kinda makes it tough to put text and images on a page wider than 800 without it doing crazy things on some screens.

HOWEVER, it's completely up to you, of course. =) We are just offering our advice and personal opinions.

Like I said, it looks great on my screen. =)

Good job! =)
            Julie S.
            www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Hi Julie,

thank you for your comment and advise. It seems that I have no other option but to change it.
              Thank you all for opinion and advice you made. It's great to have such support.
              www.photosc.blogspot.com
              www.slodental.com

Comment

Hi,

finaly I have published my site. Please check it out and tell me what do you think.
                Apollo to Houston, if you can se any problem, please let me know.
                www.slodental.com
                www.photosc.blogspot.com
                www.slodental.com

Comment

Working...
                X